Help with this Radford photo (PLAYERS RADFORD)

A couple of years ago I downloaded this image of Radford. It is quite low resolution (I reduced it a bit more for uploading here). I think it was from Picture the past as I can't think where else its from. I would now like to order the full size image as it contains where I was born, lived and worked for 36 years. Problem is changed the title when I saved it. I have searched P the P using various search terms for hours and hours and worn my eyeballs out and just cannot find it again. I know its a long shot (no pun intended) but has anyone here seen it before or knows where its from please.

post-1467-0-93343500-1306661955_thumb.jp

Yes Hartley Road.

The block of houses further up on the left were demolished to make a car park?

I lived there mid 60s and I dont remember there being houses there then?

I wonder what year they were demolished? On the other corner is Mr Wans Chinese.

Taken over by current owners on his retirement. He had a Volvo reg "Wan 1"

Obviously the building is an old cinema.

What cinema, and when did it close, it wasnt one mid 60s?

Hartleyroad2.jpg

Hartleyroad.jpg

In the seventies that building was a showroom, store for all the things that you could buy with the coupons that you got in players packets, it looked a bit more elegant than is seen in the photo.

• Upvote 1

that's the cinema I got mixed up with in a post re "Ilkeston Rd Picture Palace", about 10 yrs it was still as per a cinema stage, curtain etc but less seating, Leno's used to be the same long after it's closure.

Interested in Hartley Road. As I mentioned in a previous thread my mother was in a children`s home in Hartley Road in the 1930s and I`ve never been able to find any official records of it.

Interested in Hartley Road. As I mentioned in a previous thread my mother was in a children`s home in Hartley Road in the 1930s and I`ve never been able to find any official records of it.

Ever seen a photo of it? There doesn't seem to be one on Picture the Past, but I've been digging around in various books, and.............

hartley.jpg

I only know this from looking at various motoring websites, but apparently they were known as "Town and Country" tyres.

They seem to have been quite common in the 1950s/early 60s. You can see them on average cars like Ford Popular or Hillman Minx (or, in the case of this photo, Ford Consul/Zephyr)