A few words of congratulations must be said in recognition of the England teams win yesterday against India. The press and other media had almost ridiculed them to failure, but they came good when it mattered. Well done chaps !

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia's team to beat the Aussies,,     Carni. Great solid opener,who can sing,, Sue B can be relied on in a crisis Jill. Will punish,anything out of line,, Nonna. R

I think the problem with cricket is that, as far as I'm aware, it's only played at Public Schools now so the majority of kids are not exposed to it, even television coverage is on Sky rather than BBC,

YES !  England win the World Cup in dramatic fashion. I swear my ticker stopped at least five times. Ben Stokes, superb ! An extra G & T. Tonight.  

My 1997 season ticket with entry to the members pavillion, just after I bought this ticket I was put on unlimited overtime at work, it was frowned upon if you refused any, Sooo, here's my season ticket with all the pages intact,brand new never used, anyone interested?

P1060937.jpg

P1060938.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you’ll get chance to while away the time at Trent Bridge in the future Rog. No better place to be on a warm summer’s day.  When our little Jack runs over the Rainbow Bridge we may well get Season tickets but right now it would be unfair to leave him home alone for hours.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

We listened to that innings on the car radio driving back home to Bedfordshire from Wales with our two little boys and an 8 week old Golden Retriever in a cardboard box, throwing up, a sign of things to come every time the dog went in the car!   What a Jekyll and Hyde dog he was, a very difficult animal, bit all the family except me!  

Anyway, was never keen on Botham as a person, very cocky character, but a great all-rounder.  

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Looking forward to the cricket this year, both the World Cup and the Ashes series.

I hope the Barmy Army give the sandpaper kids heaps.

I hope it is on free to air and not behind the bl**dy pay wall

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just settling down in front of the box with some shiraz at hand ready to watch free to air Australia vs the West Indies at our Trent Bridge.

Looks a reasonable day, slightly overcast with patches of blue sky.

Windies have won the toss and put Australia in to bat. 5 wides from the first ball

• Like 1

I really feel so sorry for the thousands who’ve bought tickets months ago for the cricket anywhere in the country, who’d have expected this month to be such a washout.  We witnessed the queues trying to get off the M1 today en route to the Download Festival.  There’s nothing I could think worse than camping in a muddy field this weekend.  Not that I’d ever consider going to such an event, even in my youth, I value my comforts too much.  

• Like 2

Ha, ha, comfortable seating, and watching Sir Rod at the arena eh Lizzie.

And the Nottingham Tennis Tournament. Poor souls.

3 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Who said something like this?

"It's a bright sunny day here at Trent Bridge, Australia have won the toss and elected to bat"

They spoke too soon, it’s peeing down in Nottingham now :(

Bangladesh scored 333, that would have won them most games, a valiant effort.

10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

They spoke too soon, it’s peeing down in Nottingham now :(

The rain did not last long and the umpires got caned by the pundits here for taking the players off when there was only one over to go. Poor buggers can't take a trick, if they had left them on and someone got injured how would that have panned out.

Australia vs England next week, lots of matches on Free to air here. Have you got a ticket Lizzie?

Wish I had got tickets for some of the games Oz. They went on sale such a long time ago and we find it difficult to plan so far ahead although the main reason we’ve not gone to Trent Bridge for many years is because our dog is a bit of a nightmare and we can’t leave him for so many hours.   Our son’s best friend from school is Eddie Tolchard, son of Jeff, nephew of Roger and cousin of Roger Twose.  Eddie is a cricket agent and has, amongst others, Chris Gayle on his books.  He could have got us tickets for a couple of games but we never followed it through.  Silly of us but there you go.  

• Like 1

Is it on TV there Lizzie or behind the pay wall? I'll be staying up to watch it. Hope the weather holds up, should be a great match.

Been here 44 years but when it comes to Oz vs England at any sport it has to be England.

All the matches are on SKY, which we pay for.  In fact SKY has had control of all the cricket for years, we keep thinking of cancelling our cable subs as we’re paying £135 a month.  Makes the cost of a TV licence seem cheap doesn’t it?   

When the finals of the one day internationals was at the SCC, I used to end up with a skeleton staff on night shifts, one time all but two of my electricians phoned in sick, even the mining crews were at half strength.

Me I supported Australia and hoped they'd kick the Pommies butts...LOL

Or as it went in the song and ads, "Cum on Ozzie cummon, cummon..............." A classic from 1979.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

"Cum on Ozzie cummon, cummon..............." A classic from 1979.

Good one Ayup - Great photo of Maxie (Tangles) Walker. Used to bowl right arm round left ear'ole. He went on to become one of the best after dinner speakers in Australia. If you like a good read get one of his many books. He also played Aussie Rules at elite level. Sadly we lost him in September 2016