The achievements of Stuart Broad have certainly ignited my interest in Notts CCC. I might have a trip down on some sunny day.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia's team to beat the Aussies,,     Carni. Great solid opener,who can sing,, Sue B can be relied on in a crisis Jill. Will punish,anything out of line,, Nonna. R

I think the problem with cricket is that, as far as I'm aware, it's only played at Public Schools now so the majority of kids are not exposed to it, even television coverage is on Sky rather than BBC,

YES !  England win the World Cup in dramatic fashion. I swear my ticker stopped at least five times. Ben Stokes, superb ! An extra G & T. Tonight.  

#99.............yes he also threw all his Clubs into a lake one time,after having a bad day............seen later by his mates up to his waist in the lake,cussing and swearing as he tried to retrieve em............lol.

In Canada, ice hockey players shoot left approximately 70-odd per cent of the time. It's figured that the dominant hand - most often the right - is best used as the guiding hand at the top of the stick.

I suppose when you think about that it indicates that any side-on game has some strains of artificiality about it. If you pick a bat, club or stick up a certain way for the first time it's likely you'll stay with that. There is a tendency for us lefties to have a 'right foot forward' stance i.e. southpaw though - and the opposite for 'righties'. You can even see this when people use a yard brush or other mundane stuff.

Us left-handed/footed folk tend to be good sportsman because we're more unusual to pay against. A left-handed bowler comes at you with quite a different line and trajectory. It's just one of the reasons there have been a disproportionate amount of great ones - same for batters and tennis players.

i don't pick my nose . . .

Really, how do you manage your nasal passages then? wereno1

he got Married at Basford registry office.

And me and it didn't work out so well haha!

he also threw all his Clubs into a lake

Broady was going to do it on Monday and I egged him on on Twitter - not sure if he did in the end.

• Upvote 1

Reply to above

1 Iam a gent and use a Hanky to blow it Gently

2 Not surprised if you pick your Nose,

3 Theres no answer to that.

All tong in cheek Mick.............keep it coming......

• 2 years later...

Do you think the game is going the same way as football? players getting far too much money for doing very little whether they win or lose

Rog

I don't really have an interest but have watched on a few occasions.

Once when I took some clients for a pub lunch and during the meal there was a rumpus from the bar on checking it was Beefy at the crease giving the Aussies some stick, boy could that man whack a ball.

The other times were at the Scarborough cricket festival, my company used to hire the facilities to take guests for a day out, being a manager one of my duties was to be there to entertain them, talked with quite a few there over tea in the club house, one year I was sat next to Boycott, not everyone's cup of tea but I found him a nice man and very amusing, so to me it was 'take as you find'.

On 20 March 2018 at 9:34 AM, LizzieM said:

I’ve always enjoyed watching cricket but the England display this winter has been very poor and I’ve somewhat lost  interest.   

England V NZ England all out for 58.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I used to love playing Cricket and would go to test matches at TB.

My Dad got the contract to repair the car park one time when I was on leave from the sea and I had run out of money (flash cars, flash clothes, too much booze and the other). I was hand spreading Tarmac when Gary Sobers rolled up in his Jag, he parked it and said nothing to me as he walked passed into the club house.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watching the one day International from Trent Bridge and even though  I've been here for 40+ years still want England to win. The ground looks quite strange with that weird white box thing at the Radcliffe Road end of the ground. Some interesting local views particularly of Green's windmill and the crowd banners around the ground are bringing back some memories such as The Old Reindeer at Edingley and supporters of Mansfield Town FC. Really sad to see adverts for Greene King IPA, alas no more large Nottingham breweries anymore.

86 for 0 after 11 overs and two recent close calls for Bairstow

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Watching the cricket, wish I was at Trent Bridge today, what a fantastic ground it is, proud to be from Nottingham.  Wonder if Denshaw is there, checking the contents of ladies handbags thumbsup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RR you too young for walking Football...........and most local Cricketers are over 50,, the world is your Lobster'' as Del-boy would say.............

Grew up on Test cricket early 50s...even listening to the 'crackling' radio from matches 'down under' was absolutely gripped by it.........Tyson,Statham,Loader,Evans,Lock,Laker,,May,,Hutton,,Bailey,,Trueman,,Edrich,,Wardle,, and many more,,Test players.

When one day games began  ie John Player league,,took it for what it was a ''One day'' slog and a bit of fun,but nowadays its played all the time and very seriously......very popular i know, but not for me.,,there are no 'Stonewallers like Trevor Bailey or Ken Mackay the Aussie,,they could bat all day but not score many runs,,even playing for a draw i found fascinating,,holding an end up,,playing for the light,,night watchmen,,.....all terms seldom heard today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1