• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia's team to beat the Aussies,,     Carni. Great solid opener,who can sing,, Sue B can be relied on in a crisis Jill. Will punish,anything out of line,, Nonna. R

I think the problem with cricket is that, as far as I'm aware, it's only played at Public Schools now so the majority of kids are not exposed to it, even television coverage is on Sky rather than BBC,

YES !  England win the World Cup in dramatic fashion. I swear my ticker stopped at least five times. Ben Stokes, superb ! An extra G & T. Tonight.  

11 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

England all out for 85 vs Ireland WTF

We were rather hoping no one would notice Oz....Sshhh....

• Like 1

Lost all interest last few years Oz,,

Ireland in a test match? Unbelievable,,

Mind you we have an Irish captain don't we? 

Bring back,,Larwood and Voce,,or Trueman and Tyson,,even Lock and Laker,,,Godfrey Evans,,Len Hutton,, Reg Simpson,,Dennis Compton,,Peter May,,

Eeh they were t days,,

• Like 1

Hey Den,,you like your cricket,,especially Notts,,do you remember Arthur Jepson? Talking to a neighbour here in Kirkby who lived next door to him,,

Jepson good bowler for Notts back in the 50s,,later an Umpire,,originally from Selston,,and good footballer,,

54 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

,,do you remember Arthur Jepson? Talking to a neighbour here in Kirkby who lived next door to him,,

Jepson good bowler for Notts back in the 50s,,later an Umpire,,originally from Selston,,and good footballer,,

I've had a passing interest in cricket over the years. Arthur Jepson as a player was before my time, but I remember seeing him as an umpire in test matches when they were on free telly.

9 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Lost all interest last few years Oz,,

Sad to say I am losing interest too, there are no true characters in the game any more. The TV coverage is woeful and the radio broadcasts are even worse. The clowns on the radio have forgotten that we cannot see what is happening and that they need to paint a word picture for us instead of waffling on about the game in their day.

• Upvote 1

Well done Broady. 4 for 19 v Ireland.

England doing well in the first session, 2 of the sandpaper trio out, just need to get Smith before he gets really settled in.

The TV coverage is sub-par, what is the obsession with ultra close ups, just pull back so we can see the fielding positions not some stupid graphic in the corner.

What is with those ridiculously large numbers on the players backs, what use are they?  They have their names on the shirts

I'd like to be able to listen on the radio but our ABC (BBC equivalent) have decided only to broadcast via an app on your digital devices, what plonkers, whose mobile phone battery lasts long enough to listen to a full days cricket?

At least you can still listen to all-day Live commentary on BBC radio here.

To watch it on television, you have to pay for it on Sky. On free telly there is a 1 hour highlights programme every evening at 7pm.

Another 5 wickets for Broady, and his 100 th against Australia. Brilliant.

Might have got a fivefer but from 8 for 122 to all out for 284 they found it amazingly difficult to get two assumed batting bunnies out before Smith took them to the cleaners. 

What were the coaches and captain telling the bowlers?  We shall see if, yet again, they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Where was the killer instinct to blast out the two bunnies?

• 2 weeks later...

Its because there's too much one day Cricket............Red caps,,,White Balls,,No ordinary TV,,,Numbers on shirts,,,......moaning old Gits........lol

As I've said before, Smith should have been banned for life, along with EVERY sports cheat !

England's batsmen would struggle to get runs against a local colliery welfare team

Absolute rubbish batting. 

Hanging the bat out to dry and very little feet movement. who coaches this lot, don't even have to hit most of the balls they have been out to.

Bring back Geoff Boycott

• Like 1

Boycott

Hutton

Cowdery

Compton

Edrich

Bailey

Evans

Lock

Laker

Trueman