Reckon they'd scare them Aussies to death,,,  lol

• Like 7
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia's team to beat the Aussies,,     Carni. Great solid opener,who can sing,, Sue B can be relied on in a crisis Jill. Will punish,anything out of line,, Nonna. R

I think the problem with cricket is that, as far as I'm aware, it's only played at Public Schools now so the majority of kids are not exposed to it, even television coverage is on Sky rather than BBC,

YES !  England win the World Cup in dramatic fashion. I swear my ticker stopped at least five times. Ben Stokes, superb ! An extra G & T. Tonight.  

Wot !  No blokes  ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

That do ya Oz.......lol 

Ben, I was lucky enough to see Derek Randall's innings in the Centenerary test the first year we came to Oz

My first pick in the team would be Larwood to give 'em a bit of chin music. Then Boycott to make them earn their wickets not give them away

Just seen the England "batting coach" interviewed on TV, he still thinks England can win! After that performance I wonder why he still has a job.

• Like 1

That's what Cricket is all about..........backs against the wall'''''  when all seemed lost'''''

Edit.........stand down''' Nottstalgia ladies..........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Who's won ? WE'VE f*****g won. That's who !  englandflag

• Like 2

The mainstream media in OZ are bleating like lost lambs about the result, saying that Stokes was obviously out LBW, and how could the umpire not raise his finger. Yes, with the benefit of technology he was out but the umpire gave his decision quickly and I guess he might have heard something that he thought was bat on ball. If the Aussies had not wasted a review on something that was equally obviously not out the result would have been different, but it wasn't. They now want the DRS (Decision Review System) changed because they say that the "upstairs" umpire should have intervened and given Stokes out, sorry, no the rules are the rules.

They even bleated that the way England won the World Cup final was not fair but again both teams went into the match knowing what the rules were.

The only one I feel slightly sorry for is Nathan Lyon with that missed run out that he will be forced to relive over and over again.

One final point, if I had heard Tim Paine on the stumps microphone say "bowled Gazza" one more time I would have sunk the wellie into the TV speakers.

On to the next test at Old Trafford where no doubt it will rain.

• Upvote 2

Oz, not many over here will be feeling sorry for Nathan Lyon.  By coincidence I read the below article immediately after reading your post.  Not sure if it will open, never tried this before, but you’ll find it on google anyway. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-7396713/Nathan-Lyon-bitten-mother-cricket-Englishmen-weep-Australias-sledger-chief.html

edit, I see it won’t work, someone needs to give me tuition! 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

So sad that Notts CCC have been relegated, but I see no reason why they shouldn't bounce back immediately. 

It's been a wretched season, what with injuries, loss of form by key players, disruptions by the weather, and of course Stuart Broad, our world class bowler being on England duty all summer. 

Lets hope for better things next season.

• 2 months later...

Ah bless, did you think it was it done by vote? It's TV den, nothing is left to chance it's all carefully planned and staged...;)

• Like 1

It was nice to see KJT nominated, though I really didnt expect her to win.  She scrubs up well though.. for a scouser... ;)

• 2 months later...

I see that England have "lost" in the semi final of the Women's World T20 comp without a ball being bowled due to weather as India finished top of their group and England finished second.

I would have thought that the plonkers at the ICC would have looked at the weather forecast as we knew this rain was coming a week ago and organised a reserve day just in case. I know rules are rules but it is a very disappointing way to lose a semi final

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

Loved Cricket all my life.......aged about 5 Dad and Grandad took me down Trent Bridge.....even remember seeing Joe Hardstaff and Reg Simpson open the batting for Notts....we kids on Bestwood estate played any chance we had,,,Bulwell Common..High Pavement,,Vernon Park ...and on our large back Gardens......Dad wern't keen gardener and let me make it into a mini test Venue  lol.......played every year for school....teacher even let me pick the team.....over the years always visited Trent Bridge  ...took many of my girl friends as well,,think they enjoyed it....played after school for many years for Tudor,,West Bridgford British Legion,,and for works team ABGibson of Daybrook..and Moxley and Peterborough............

Cricket was even sited in one of my Divorces   :crazy:

• Like 3

When on my travels with work also visited a few other County grounds....Leicestershire Grace road,,,Old Trafford Lancashire...New road Worcestershire,,Edgbaston Warwickshire..Birmingham,,,,Headingley Leeds......most had little shops you could browse in,,,

But the best thing was often a groundsman or the like would getting chatting to and gave me a mini tour......happy days...........i'll shurrup now about Cricket..dont want to bore you  :wacko: