Shopping on line

On line Shopping shu''........Marsdens were doing it in the 60s........when i Managed their store on High road Chilwell,60s.........we had a Mrs Pettigrew lady in her 80s,..who used to ring us and say,.............''could you deliver for me a twin pack of Andrex please'',..we did and she paid at the door 1/11,............bless her.............

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning Mrs Williams,...........Mr Smith would you get a chair for Mrs Williams please, Hows your Tommy? he's got a new job thats good,...........now what can i get you? Quart

Marsdens would have been right up your street Jill,.........high class grocers' for high class customers..........obviously served by 'high class staff'........''would there be anything else Madam''..

Really ... I blame Sidney Pearson Hill we all left bit thick .... My youngest lad got his Masters degree yesterday or is it Master's? hey clever clogs? 

And Banter...........people don't talk anymore,,.......on line,,texting,, hello, how are you?....let alone ''ey up mi duck''

Anyway RR its Centre   lol

I’ll be really upset if House of Fraser does close, it’s my favourite store but I have a feeling that it will remain open, INTU will do their best to keep it in Vic Centre and after a lot of wrangling the rent will be reduced.  

Homebase on Queens Drive is closing in December, that will probably be another car showroom, as if we haven’t got enough. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Really ... I blame Sidney Pearson Hill we all left bit thick .... My youngest lad got his Masters degree yesterday or is it Master's? hey clever clogs? 

I think it's Master's (a degree belonging to a Master of something)

You must be very proud of him, RR.   

• Like 1

The possessive apostrophe is correct Margie...

If your lad has gained an MA or MSc then well done to him RR, it 'aint easy..

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:44 PM, LizzieM said:

I’ll be really upset if House of Fraser does close, it’s my favourite store but I have a feeling that it will remain open, INTU will do their best to keep it in Vic Centre and after a lot of wrangling the rent will be reduced.  

This is House of Fraser in Vic Centre today.

c4yJgOx.jpg

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I'm afraid the days of brick and mortar shops are almost done.  I see numerous shopping centres with empty  fronts.  often they seem to become gymnasiums or thrift stores.

I’m sure I read something about House of Fraser being turned into a Gym.  Blimey, we’ve got enough of them around the city and suburbs but not sure how well they’re used ....... the majority of folk are still grossly overweight.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:44 PM, LizzieM said:

I was right ....... a sensible rent reduction by the landlord by the sounds of it.   It was supposed to be closing the doors in 10 days time.

Mike Ashley has rescued HMV too today.  

• Upvote 1

It was a big hole to fill with smaller shops but that’s what House of Frazer is basically. Pleased to see it rescued for the sake of the employees although I’ve never shopped there other than the cafe. John Lewis is streets ahead but I still prefer to drive down to Downtown/Boundary Mills at Grantham.

I can understand you preferring Boundary Mills for convenience with you living that way Phil but I’ve only ever been there once, out of interest, and doubt I’d bother again, just not my style.   If I wanted that sort of gear I could nip down Haydn Road to that old Courtaulds factory outlet, I’ve bought slippers there!! 

• Upvote 1
Just now, LizzieM said:

If I wanted that sort of gear I could nip down Haydn Road to that old Courtaulds factory outlet, I’ve bought slippers there!! 

That place is closing !!   

Not sure exactly when, but within the next few weeks or even sooner.

Hopefully that's true, as I love H of F. It's so much more relaxing than John Lewis's.

Ha, no CF, just some of the dubious clientele. I always ensure I'm alone. LOL