Shopping on line

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning Mrs Williams,...........Mr Smith would you get a chair for Mrs Williams please, Hows your Tommy? he's got a new job thats good,...........now what can i get you? Quart

Marsdens would have been right up your street Jill,.........high class grocers' for high class customers..........obviously served by 'high class staff'........''would there be anything else Madam''..

Really ... I blame Sidney Pearson Hill we all left bit thick .... My youngest lad got his Masters degree yesterday or is it Master's? hey clever clogs? 

I do shop on line, get my dogs frozen raw meat (easier to get it delivered monthly) and dog biscuits and chews as they are cheaper and since I moved here there isn’t a pet shop near. I also do some grocery shopping online at Iceland, I do like rice type things so like the bags of ready meals which are for 2 people so I could get 2 meals out of them (must admit I usually eat the whole bag, their portions aren’t very big, at least that is my excuse). I still do a small shop at the local Asda once a week (Aldi is a bit too far away and to be honest I don’t really like it) and through the week go to the local shops just down the road (Co-op, Heron, Greggs etc) for anything I need or fresh stuff. I don’t buy clothes (prefer to try on before buying) and very occasionally buy shoes (see previous comment) but it is very rare as I have had times when things ordered have not fitted and sending back can be a hassle as well as having to pay to send items back. It is useful to be able to get stuff delivered within 24 hours especially if the weather is going to be bad and it does stop me impulse buying but don’t think I could ever just buy on line and not go to shops, the rosy glow of finding a bargain at Primark would be missed!

• Like 1

So sorry and surprised to hear of all these shops, stores closing down. It seems like it's  the sign of the times. Shopping centres and commercial centres were  a novelty here with the nearest one being in Turin, 50 km away from us. Too far just to pop in. But in the last few years they have popped up everywhere, but the sad thing is they are slowly dying. One near us had a supermarket and loads of small shops, hairdressers, newsagents , clothes etc but one by one they have all closed apart from the supermarket. What a waste of money because they built another centre to twin the original and its never been used for anything.

It doesn't surprise me that with the  closing of many stores people are buying online. My daughter does but she works lunch and dinner 5 days a week and producing a weekly menu she just does not have the time. Going round shops is a real headache for her. When she likes certain things she sends for them and if she likes them she keeps them if she doesn't she sends them back. None of the stores she buys from charge for the return and the courrier collects the package. So for her its convenient, less time consuming and can stop " shopping" when she needs to relax and its less stressful .

I occasionally buy but I like to shop. But sometimes I can find online when I can't find in the shops.

On 14 marzo 2017 at 2:46 PM, katyjay said:

I wonder if anyone asks for a quarter of anything nowadays, with the advent of fridges, we all bulk shop.

Come to our region Kath and go into a local corner shop. Lady wants some cooked ham, no not that one too much fat, no not that its got a vein through it, it goes on and the same thing happens with proscuito ( theres so many different ones) cheese , too much, too little, don't want the crust. Weighing everything ( especially if you're waiting in the queue) is a nighmare. At the finish the lady only wants one slice. I can imagine what they would say in a supermarket. But thats village people and old folks.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

For quite a while now I've been looking for shoes. I threw a load out during the winter. I'd had them quite a while and they were getting a bit scruffy. During the winter I wear boots and as I have 4 pairs they never seem to wear out. I have sandals that I bring out year after year and they never seem to wear out either but shoes , I'm desperate. I can't find any shoes, they are either trainers, tennis shoes, trainers with block soles etc. Shoes have vertiginous heels or open toes. I invariably come home without . I have tried practically all the shoe shops I can imagine and was about to give up. My husband said to try internet, so I did and found just the type of shoes I liked . So I ordered 4 pairs from a popular site here ( not amazon) to register they gave me € 20 discount and all the shoes were discounted by 75 %. Both sites have no fee for sending back if not suitable. Just pack them back into the original packaging , inform them on site that you are sending things back , print out the return label, the courier lets you know when they are collecting. Just hand them over and thank you jobs done.

They are arriving today and if they look cheap or I'm not happy with them or at worst don't fit they will be sent back. I know it's not the same as shopping for them and trying them on but I ordered more than what I require so if they are ok I get  more for paying less and I didn't't get the hassle of not finding what I wanted.

No car park fee, no waiting in lines of traffic, no struggling with shopping bags, whats not to like Nonna, hope the shoes fit and you like them

Rog

Pair of jeans , too big. They are being collected on Thursday. How's that for service.

One pair of shoes were big enough for a mans size they are going back too but have to wait 48 hrs before asking for refund. The actual refund is paid immediately on receiving goods in wharehouse. Just waiting for another pair of casual shoes.

• 1 year later...