Shopping on line

Has anyone any experience with shopping on-line?

Take my advice and don't!! I am fed up to the back teeth of wading through endless pages of food and drink choosing the options I want to be delivered to my door to be let down by incompetence.

No wonder the supermarkets are reporting record sales/profits. I order one thing and get another, even though I have stipulated no substitutions. I don't like garlic and herb bread and I certainly would not eat it in place of cheese tear and share. If I ask for two different sorts of lettuce and one is not available I do not require two of the same.

Am I being a pain in the bum or is it the level of service we have to expect within Internet shopping?

I am very disenchanted with it all.

A sorry sorry

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning Mrs Williams,...........Mr Smith would you get a chair for Mrs Williams please, Hows your Tommy? he's got a new job thats good,...........now what can i get you? Quart

Marsdens would have been right up your street Jill,.........high class grocers' for high class customers..........obviously served by 'high class staff'........''would there be anything else Madam''..

Really ... I blame Sidney Pearson Hill we all left bit thick .... My youngest lad got his Masters degree yesterday or is it Master's? hey clever clogs? 

Well this is all new to me. We dont have such service or lack of it here in the south of France. Can you give me an address email so that i can look through. Seems rather strange but convenient way to shop. No queying, no parking, maddning crowds. Ok they seem to get it wrong, but hey there seem to be many advantages too. Would love to give it a go.. Is this expensive, the delivery fee? Also the delay from placing order, to receiving items! Please tell me more. Feels like i have been stuck in the dark ages!!!!!!

Guest smithylass

i think shopping online is wonderful...because of my illness and having some bad days it makes it so easy.

there is a section where you tick to say if something you have ordered isnt in stock do you want a replacement just tick no.

The bit you are on about relating to substitutions is totally ignored by Tesco. I do check this box and also comment in the proper way but it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

I suppose it is far easier to moan about it than praise the fact that I don't have to stand about in shops and fight to get the things on the checkout counter. The British disease, blame culture not praise culture. We will learn one of these days...

A crazy crazy

Tried Sainsbury's on line shopping yesterday, what a difference. The food was very fresh, the van driver had time to explain which items were in what bag, he wasn't rushed in the slightest.

There were no substitutions 'cause I didn't want any. A couple of things were listed with comments at the side explaining that the sell by date was closer than they liked but they had reduced the item accordingly, on closer inspection the date was three days hence, so not bad at all. The items had been devoured by the hungry brutes 2 hours after they had entered the house, so not a problem.

Definitely try them again.

A crazy crazy

I shop online all the time & have never recieved anything in place of what I originally ordered. We also do a bit of bidding on online Auctions & that too has been very successful. Haven't tried shopping for food but I should, as walking round the supermarket looking for what might tempt someone else's palate is a bloody thankless task & I hate it :blink:

I live in the country so it's not as accessable as it is in the city,but if I could I would. :)

The thing was, did you get good reception when you worked it out?

I would have thought Leeks would hve been better, especially straight from the garden before you have chopped the tops off.

Is it you that squashes all the bread in Lidls? If it is please stop it as I am fed-up with sandwiches that are figure of eight shape...

A crazy crazy

Guest smithylass

well as i said before up to now i have been thrilled with online shopping...and with xmas approaching...81 days ! Shock i will be doing lots more.....i think people who cant always get about ..well its a godsend for them... Friends

Bad as road tax is ..

My complaint is why do I have to have a licence for my TV.

Out of all the channels commercial channels out number the BEEB

Why should I pay for them, they can go commercial too.

In fact ILKO I heard a pretty threatening commercial from them today!

Getting fined for doing things wrong on the highway is not a new thing, is it?

Take this for instance:

'Fined £35.00 in 1974 for speeding through the Buckinghamshire toen of Lechlade, travelling salesman Barry Winner paid up without an argument, but had to explain: "I forgot myself. But in the far end of the town they were screaming out for toilet rolls." Not even a mercy dash could get him off...

A :crazy::crazy:

:danceN:

NB Added that 'cause I like it...

• 3 months later...

TV Licence just gone up to £134 a year - WHY? We are the only country in the WORLD who have TV licencesm, as for the motorist, we are a persecuted bucnch! Oh, by the way I have done some online shopping with Play.Com, no problem, great service.

• 10 years later...
  • 4 months later...

The trouble with online shopping is that if the item is unsuitable, then you've got to attempt to repackage the thing, and then traipse down the the post office. You may as well have nipped into town in the first place.

However, I have shopped online with House of Fraser and been satisfied every time. I regularly use eBay, and only once out of hundreds of transactions did I receive the incorrect item. 

As  for doing my weekly grocery shop online, NEVER ! I want to see what I'm getting. I don't want damaged tins or packets, bright yellow bananas or raspberries with blue fluff on them !

• Upvote 1

I absolutely dread taking Mrs C clothes & shoe shopping, dear oh dear oh dear, what abaht this one Catfan ? or this one ? or..?  Internet shopping for me WOULD be a blessing, I can live in hope tho, Mrs C hates internet shopping, bleddy luddite !

• Upvote 1

I could never understand the @ lads work they'd get issued with a brand new pair of steel toe capped boots & they'd be straight on there feet, me I'd have a go at wearing them for a few hours a day then get my old ones back on then send them back after a month. Saturday nights brand new out the packet socks & my best shoes ........ Heaven.

in the small space I'm allowed in our wardrobe I only own 2 pairs of shoes 1 pair of trainers 6 shirts 2 chinos 2 jeans 2 coats.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I do wonder how people buy clothing & shoes without trying them on? Must admit if I'm due a pair of shoes I could be trying 70 odd pairs on before I decide! 

Apparently there are people who will buy an item of clothing online, wear it for a special event (e.g. a wedding) and then return it saying it was the wrong size.

Cheaper than hiring or buying.

My daughter buys on internet quite often. She buys clothes but has found a site that suits her so she sticks to it. But If Its not suitable she packs it up again fills out the return form , emails it and the van comes round to fetch it. Very convenient.

I have also shopped online and never had problems. Theres such a wide choice and its great to miss the confusion at Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Went downs Notts the other day for a pair of shoes, master decided to give me his advice on what shoes I should wear. So only got has far as M/S John Lewis and gave up.

When I arrived home I went on-line to find out which shops had my style of  shoes In. I found 3 pairs at House of Fraser and 2 pairs at Debenhams, wrote details of all shoes and next day set off to the shops again.

Debenhams "Sorry madam these shoes can only be brought on line"

House of Fraser "Sorry madam these shoes can only be brought on line"

NOW no were on the internet page was this said.

So not to be out done after spending 2 days down Notts with Master and hours on the internet I ordered 3 pairs of shoes at a cost of ££££££££ 

Now when they arrived 2 pairs fit well but I only wanted one pair but master said have the 2 pairs it will save going down town again. (little doe's he know) any way as I ordered 3 pairs  and I have still got to take a pair back to Notts.

ALL THIS JUST TO GET A PAIR OF SHOES THAT FIT!!!!!!

• Upvote 2