It's in a narrow gorge that once flooded. the bedstead caught in the tree and the tree carried on growing around it. As for location; you said in Notts south of the Trent so we are maybe taking vale of Belvoir area, around the Leics. border..

Qoute "It's outside Nottingham south of the Trent." I thought you were referring to South Notts.

Does anyone have any ideas to explain this image?

In fact its a log way from Nottingham and if you knew where it was you would be able to explain it?

The clues are there...

where.jpg

You are right Compo.

Obvious confusion by my Freudian slip

"A log way" Long Way...

Evening Mick....Just going on your post re the clues are in the photo....1. A Bed (or part) 2. A Ford across the stream 3. A car Park (parking bay on road. Didn't read your reply to Compo so I will go to my room now!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any ideas to explain this image?

In fact its a log way from Nottingham and if you knew where it was you would be able to explain it?

The clues are there...

where.jpg

Damien Hurst on an early visit to Nottingham?
  • 2 years later...

I first thought it was a support frame for the Major Oak, but the metalwork looks like a bed headrest.

Also, there are car park spaces in the distance.

• 6 months later...

It's the Major Oak at Sherwood Forest............

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, there was a female victim who was never identified. Very strange.

That's nice if they were secret lovers and both drowned together. Very romantic.

The earth certainly moved for them that night.

I visited Watersmeet a few years ago and walked either side of the gorge. One can only imagine that raging torrent crashing down.

I've also paid many visits to Boscastle where a similar fate befell the village during an August storm. Thankfully there were no casualties that time.

• Upvote 1