Have you met anyone famous in Nottingham and where

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We  have had a  very long day today taking a neighbour  to Wales, near Swansea, to visit a sick friend. We left W-ton at 8.30am and didn't get home until 9.30pm, so understandably wackoed. We called i

Sir Alec Guinness, Colin Blakely and the cast of Little Lord Fauntleroy when they were filming.  Leslie Philips, Patricia Routledge (Mrs Bouquet) Lesley Caron . All customers at La Buca when we were t

In about 1990, I came back to London from New Jersey for a meeting and was staying at the Holiday Inn at Swiss Cottage. One night on my own in the bar just returned from dinner, a guy with an american accent was ordering some drinks. I asked where he was from, he said Jersey, told him I was, asked what he was doing here, he said he was in Chubby Checker’s backing group. I called him a liar, he took me over to the lounge part of the bar and there he was - Chubby Checker. I bought them all a round, which was reciprocated a few times and spent a couple of hours with him. Talked about the Beatles, Mohammed Ali and how good it must be to be Chubby Checker. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, catfan said:

He did ten years !

Being away, I’ve never watched Eastenders, but I see stuff in the British papers about it all the time. 

This is the guy who was the landlord of the pub?

Leslie Grantham was in the Army in Germany and got into an argument with a taxi driver, result was that Leslie accidentally shot him in the head and killed him, he didn't know the gun was loaded. This was in 1966.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Leslie Grantham was in the Army in Germany and got into an argument with a taxi driver, result was that Leslie accidentally shot him in the head and killed him, he didn't know the gun was loaded. This was in 1966.

Whats the point of an unloaded weapon? To shoot someone by accident!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Not Nottingham but I took this picture at a quarry that had just come to the end of it's life, it's on the site of ex RAF Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire,the Lincs wildlife trust had just taken over and the company I worked for were carrying out the restoration of the site,Here Matt Baker is in the middle of the runways where Guy Gibson took off from for the last time in a Mosquito aircraft crashing in Holland, the 617 "Dambusters" squadron were based here after the "Dams" raid and carried out raids on the Tirpitz, the Samur tunnels and the U boat pens carrying the Barns Wallace "Tall boy" and "Grand slam" bombs

Matt_Baker_at_Woodhall.jpg

Rog

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I have met Joe Brown and his backing band. But my claim to fame is my friend and I got into the Rolling Stones dressing room when they were here on a tour in the 60’s and they were all there waiting to go on stage. Later on we took some others by our route but only Brian Jones was there. He trod on my friends foot.

• 8 months later...

We  have had a  very long day today taking a neighbour  to Wales, near Swansea, to visit a sick friend. We left W-ton at 8.30am and didn't get home until 9.30pm, so understandably wackoed. We called into one of the Motorway stops for a drink on the outward journey, and as we were getting out of our car, front and back passenger doors opening at the same time, as my friend and I were leaving the car a man bustled through us, between the parked cars, eyes forward as we brushed past each other, no excuse me or acknowledgement of the tight space we were in, just bustled past carrying his hot drink. Philip Serrel from Antiques Roadshow. Obviously didn't want to be recognised but all the same quite rude. Message to Philip....If you don't want to encounter the public, why park your car such a distance from the building, that you have to walk among us hoping not to be recognised.You used to be one of my favourites!:(

Apologise, I just realised the thread title is about meeting famous people in Nottingham not enroute to Wales.OOPS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

It’d be different if it had been Charlie Ross Carnie, oh what a charmer ....... love him!   He’s half-brother of a really good friend of ours and met him a few years ago,  he’s really lovely, probably would have bought you a coffee ...... the Cad!! 

• Like 1