Have you met anyone famous in Nottingham and where

Tell ya another story about her ,

My mate worked at Corrie in Manchester and told me her real name is Sylvia Ibbotson and her husband in real life is hen pecked (Just like Jack)

How true it is I don't know but I would have no reason to doubt my mate , (She also told me that the bloke inside Bungles costume on "Rainbow" (the kids T.V. show) was having an affair with "Geoffrey" of the same show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We  have had a  very long day today taking a neighbour  to Wales, near Swansea, to visit a sick friend. We left W-ton at 8.30am and didn't get home until 9.30pm, so understandably wackoed. We called i

Sir Alec Guinness, Colin Blakely and the cast of Little Lord Fauntleroy when they were filming.  Leslie Philips, Patricia Routledge (Mrs Bouquet) Lesley Caron . All customers at La Buca when we were t

I met Amos from Emmerdale, in the oakleigh Lodge Social Club in Bulwell! He used to go in there quite often.

I saw Bruce Welch from the Shadows in the street about 4 years ago, just coming out of Langtrys. Of course I went up to him and made a prat of myself.

I vaguely recall meeting Bernie Winters when I was very small too. I think it was in the Pearsons store.

I nearly forgot, I met Dave Hill from Slade and Sam Brown in Bobby Browns Cafe.

My mum (in her WRVS days) had a lot to do with her as she was "Madame President" in Carlton at the same time Mrs Clarke was "Madame President "at West Bridgeford"

All "Madame Presidents" went to Paris to lay flowers at the Princess Diana crash site shortly after the fateful day (All right for some eh!!)

I met John Snow when i was 6 years old or so at Alton Towers, got his autograph somewhere, (my mum said i loved him when i was that age.. and used to stop what i was doing & run into the living room to watch him on the news...lol

I met David Bellamy when i was young? 6 or so? can't remember how old i was, but i was little..lol think we were at a wildlife park somewhere, i went to the shop to buy a bird spotting book, came out and he was outside! :D so i ran over to him. (still got that book, lol)

I had the great pleasure of talking to the sheriff of Nottingham! she was down to earth & was one of us. :)

I bumped into Robin Hood too, he's tall in real life! :D (no, really i did! theres a man who plays him.. he comes from notttingham :) lol

I've seen Manfred Mann Live! at the Lincolnshire Music & Motorhome show back in 2004! woo!

"there she was just a walking down the street, singing do wah diddy, diddy dum diddy do!" ROFL we had a right laugh, The VW LT motorhome club did! heehe..

me&gazz will hopefully be going to that this year..hehe :D

that's about all for me. :) some great names on here, lol

I'd really like to meet monty python! Tim Curry, Billy connoly, Richard O'brian, the list goes on and on, :)

Needham lives close to to the Wheelhouse pub in Wollaton, Dave Needham's motorbike shop is on Ilkeston Road facing Triumph Road, missus grew up with the family and went to school with his sister Julie, he's in bad health at the moment according to Julie, to do with the !cheers!

Not actually in Nottingham but a couple of years ago I carried out work on a barn conversion that was owned & occupied by Roy Wood (The Move, E.L.O. Wizzard) he lives in a village between Uttoxeter and Ashbourne, talk about cheek, we agreed on the price and he proceeded to knock me down twice, I quipped, 'you make a million every Christmas with that song, come on Roy' so we stuck to the price.

After completion he invited me over on a Sunday for payment, he took me for a pint at the village pub and a bite to eat and he started to work again on the knock down price, I couldnt believe what he was telling me, his wife fleeced him for every penny after divorce etc etc and Sharon Osborne was controlling the monies during the Wizzard days as their manager.

He still tours today with his daughters in the band.

It was an honour for me to meet one of my Icons.

Anyone remember when the Move played in the Marquee around 1969 on the fields near to Clifton Bridge, Prince of Wales Farm area?

I met Amos from Emmerdale, in the oakleigh Lodge Social Club in Bulwell! He used to go in there quite often.

I saw Bruce Welch from the Shadows in the street about 4 years ago, just coming out of Langtrys. Of course I went up to him and made a prat of myself.

I vaguely recall meeting Bernie Winters when I was very small too. I think it was in the Pearsons store.

I nearly forgot, I met Dave Hill from Slade and Sam Brown in Bobby Browns Cafe.

When I was a kid my brother took me to see Cliff Richard and The Shadows at Liverpool Empire.We saw Bruce Welch over the road near St Georges Hall.My brother had got his autograph some time ago and so asked for his autograph so he could give it to me.He refused to sign and said he was "going for a cup of tea." What has that got to do with anything ! He would probably be made up if somebody asked for his autograph now.Never ever forgave him for that.

Norman Wisdom on Trowell services,1990 ish and he did his falling over routine around the carpark for a very appreciative RAC sales man (Me)

More to follow on the services

Norman Wisdom on Trowell services,1990 ish and he did his falling over routine around the carpark for a very appreciative RAC sales man (Me)

More to follow on the services

Was he wearing his cap back-to-front,Beefy ?

Believe it or not he pulled it out of his ,rather expensive looking ,suit pocket!!

• 5 months later...

Russell Slade was the year above me at Glaisdale. His brother Mitchell was in my year. But the best player of the lot was Trevor Morley (son of Forest's Bill Morley). He used to own the newsagent on Grassington Road, and we used to play footy with Trev. He was that good you could never got the ball off him, like a young George Best.

I met Billy Connolly at a cashpoint in Nottingham in the late 80s. He was in front getting money out and I made a joke about 'Thats the first time I've seen a Scotsman GETTING MONEY OUT of a cash machine'. He laughed and started telling jokes to a crowd of us. Very funny guy.

Saw Joe Elliott of Def Leppard on Clumber Street about 4 years ago, with his girlfriend. He asked directions to a jewellers shop, and I started to get a bit star-struck and lost it. He shook my hand and said 'I'm just a lad from Sheffield you know'. Such a nice guy.

That bloke off the telly presenter for the BBCs Dragons' Den @ the base of The Angel of the North last week .

Evan Davis...former BBC Senior Economics Editor, which rather infers that his career is on the slide.

Has been replaced by the outrageous Robert Peston, who regularly claims numerous exclusives on the Northern Rock fiasco, the credit crunch, Black Friday, the forthcoming recession et al... comes across as being 'a few strawberries short of a full punnet', hence he is to be the major new impersonation for Rory Bremner - the ultimate accolade.

Cheers

Robt P.

rob237 won't come out in the daylight for fear of having a wooden stake pushed in his chest

vampire2