My wife lost our Ghetto phone it was a pay as you go i would buy a year card $99 & use about 20 mins the left over credit got carried over to next year

It had 1400 + mins left on it so whoever found it enjoy

So i got this new one i have never seen so much crammed into such a small device

I can talk to it & ask directions, Unlimited Internet for up to 3 Computers 4 times faster speed than my DSL cant figure this out its always working no matter where i am.

Dont have to be in a hot spot

The only thing i dont like is the bill i had to comit to a contract for 2 years

I got a good deal from T-Mobile

Unlimited Mobile & Landline calls plus unlimited internet

£7.50 per month.

Hammer that app store, some excellent free stuff

Google Navigate (GPS) is excellent indeed.

Yes this one is T-Mobile also but $50 a month but the phone was only $30 its 4G whatever that means

Anyway my brother in law is in the Uk & i sent him a laptop but he never got the internet do you know if i hook this phone up to it will i be able to use the internet when im over

Anyway they wernt kidding when they called these things smart

It seems like your mobile stuff is cheaper than here by far but our petrol is way less expensive

But then again i do about 100 miles a day, Cant be without a car

I got a good deal from T-Mobile

Unlimited Mobile & Landline calls plus unlimited internet

£7.50 per month.

Hammer that app store, some excellent free stuff

Google Navigate (GPS) is excellent indeed.

Yes i put a couple of guitar apps on & the Starmap thing which is cool

It already has a gps that you just say where you want to go, amazing

Dont connect to T Mobile whilst you are here.

3G will cost you a fortune.

when I go to the US I turn my Sim card over to stop it connecting to T mobile there and use any available Wifi.

Use Skype for free phone calls.

I have been a mobile telephone sceptic for years, in my opinion the only time that they rang was somebody wanted you to do something for them , nobody ever rang your moby (Local nickname for them not mine , honest !!) just to say "Ayup me duck"

I've always had a works phone or, since I went my own way, a cheap 'pay as you go' . 20 quid of credit lasting me a good 6 months. !

But a few weeks back SWMBO and I took the plunge and both of us signed up for an Android , I got a HTC desire (It's that darned smart , if you ask it nicely it'll feed the cat and take the dog for a walk for you .......LOL) I thought I'd got a good deal, 300 minutes of all calls (0845, 0847, and even any mobile numbers) 1 gig of internet access and unlimited texts, all for 25 quid a month.

I also thought "I'm never going to use that amount" , but believe you me , during my recent crisis (What crisis? more on that in a separate thread) it proved invaluable, and SWMBO is never off of hers, watering her flowers or whatever "Facebook" game it is that she plays all the time.

Hi Beef are we twins or something it seems we are to much alike

I got 500 mins free nights & weekends, unlimited Inter , No text i didnt want it

I got the HTC MyTouch

Sorry to hear you got stuff going on wondered where you were for a bit

The cheapest way to get phone service when visiting the UK is to buy a "pay as you go" SIM card - I use T-Mobile as that is the old phone I have. You will have to get your phone "unlocked" to do it, but they can do that over the phone, or by e-mail.

DO NOT just use your phone over there - it "may" work, but if it does it will cost a fortune in roaming charges - call T-Mobile and ask them! Also, free WiFi is very rare in the U.K. - probably the best way if you need internet access there is to buy a pay-as-you-go dongle. Internet access in hotels is also extremely expensive and when you get the free stuff (McDonalds for example) it is so slow it ain't worth bothering with. Best free access we found was at libraries!

Google Navigate is pretty good - but it sometimes has very strange ideas about the best route! Also try "Tunein" - I can listen to the BBC almost live!

I did take the 6 cent per min call plan to UK, free if its to a T-Mobile phone no roaming