Films & TV Series in Nottingham?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think you will find you have got your films mixed, Sons and Lovers was a great film about DH and set ofcourse in Notts,you refer to Women in Love..

Smiley's people was based on several real spy activities but some could not be told at the time. The exchange of spies usually took place on Glienicke Bridge in Berlin. Due to the Tom Hanks film, its

I had the dubious honour of being in the audience twice for that show... In the early 90's I had a saturday job at Asda, I never bothered with it but quite a few of the staff volunteered for the Supe

• 5 months later...

Btcs (adit North East) Boston, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Viewed this topic via www.google.co.uk — films shot on location in nottingham

At 21 Dec 14:11

I think "The Ragmans Daughter" was shot in the city.

It was - my ex girlfriend had a 'walk-on' part in it. She lived on Brand X Street.

There is another local author who tends to base his stuff in and around Nottingham, William (Billy to his mates) Ivory. He wrote that series about dustbin men back in the 90s "Common as Muck" not sure if it was filmed round Nott'm though but it was based on his exploits as a binman round the Southwell area.

I didn't know Bill Ivory personally, but I did know quite a few of the men he worked on the bins with. There was a fair measure of truth in the stories, and many of the characters were easily recognisable to the locals!

Shared many a pint with Billly Lovely bloke , especially with him being a staunch Notts fan) Particularly in the Duke of Cambridge on a "Striptese night " !!!

• 4 years later...

Has this been mentioned ?

Shane Meadows 1996 film Small Time . Bad language and not the best quality but the whole film on youtube and the accents sound right .

Two more I worked on.

The Upper Hand with Diana Weston, Joe McGann & Honor Blackman shot in studio and on location.

Wayne Dobson A Kind of Magic studio based. Wayne was and is a very nice bloke, so sad when he developed MS which stopped him performing.

I thought it was Thurgarton. Prettiest ground in the country.

Having thought about it in the shower, as you do, I think Thurgarton was first choice but the committee wouldn't give approval. It's a nearby village and I know the president so I'll ask when I next see him unless someone else comes up with answer.

Some of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, was filmed around Nottingham.

Yes, it was Wollaton.

No it wasn't Wollaton. Just spoken to the Thurgarton CC chairman over a beer. It was Thrumpton. Boots farms owned the land at the time including the Priory and cricket ground. They didn't want the publicity as they had a large experimental animal centre nearby. Smoking beagles etc. They didn't want the animal rights people getting wind of it so they said no.