Films & TV Series in Nottingham?

Not totally connected with nottm, but a sort of location thing like the boon one. If anyone remembers the 60s TV series "Danger Man" with Patrick McGoohan, there was one scene where a Land Rover goes over the edge of a cliff. The location is not too far from Nottingham and participants in a certain hobby (and no, I don't mean that!!) Will have probably been there. I have and would like to see if there are any other members that might know the location. I might give some clues later.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think you will find you have got your films mixed, Sons and Lovers was a great film about DH and set ofcourse in Notts,you refer to Women in Love..

Smiley's people was based on several real spy activities but some could not be told at the time. The exchange of spies usually took place on Glienicke Bridge in Berlin. Due to the Tom Hanks film, its

I had the dubious honour of being in the audience twice for that show... In the early 90's I had a saturday job at Asda, I never bothered with it but quite a few of the staff volunteered for the Supe

NBL, did you know an old mate of mine, Bill Hammond who did most of the motorcycle riding on Boon ? I gather that Michael Elphick didn't fancy riding around the streets of Nottm. 

I met the chap a couple of times but did not know his full name, only new him as Bill or Will can't remember which but it seemed to be the thing that on set only first names were used.

As to Michael riding a bike, hardly likely he would be over the drink drive limit most of the time. He and another sat in his motor home between takes supping and then down to the boozer when the day was over.

That'd probably be him NBL. Yes, I heard that Michael never drew a sober breath during his filming ! LOL