Arboretum Colville street

Hello all - long time reader first time potster!

I have been trying to find out about Colville street in the arboretum. There is part of the street that has newer houses and a basket ball court. I have looked at old maps and it looks like the roads were rearranged there at some point? Maybe the road used to link with Mansfield road instead of the footpath? Any ideas what was there before? Also wondered if a bomb had dropped there as it is in the line of the raid on notts city centre?

Any ideas would be very helpful! Look forward to hearing from you all.

• 10 months later...

I have a map from the 60s and it looks pretty much the same as today: an 'L' shape from Addison Street to Forest Road East. If you look at old trade directories (some available online) you might get a better picture of the original layout. Try www.historicaldirectories.org.

Bit of a surprise......this thread seemed to get missed by everyone when it first appeared last year. Can't believe no-one answered it back then - and Kazah62 hasn't logged in since July last year so she probably lost interest.

But anyway...looking at old maps back to the 1910s Colville Street was the same L-shape. A few old terraces were eventually demolished and replaced by newer buildings, and what is now a basketball court was an open space even back 100 years ago

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Many thanks,

Been lost in space since before Big Bang. My fault I suppose, but what's to be done if one is intrigued by Dr Who - or even Robin Hood for that matter. Evidently a novice but keen to meet and chat about ever changing Nottingham.

• 9 months later...