• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Would you believe....I have a model of that very same bus:

IMG_5701.JPG?gl=GB

Note the same number plate LRO 296:

IMG_5699.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 1

Re: nothing in particular, here's a photo taken at a transport rally somewhere, showing a preserved West Bridgford bus. At some time in the past I probably rode on it.

http://www.old-bus-p...0/ORR140_lr.jpg

I most definitely rode on it, being the bus I caught from Slab square to Becket School on Wilford Lane, most schooldays, from 1962 to 67, also the 15A

The bus shown wasn't very often used on the 15/15A. It was one of two low-bridge deckers purchased in 1954 for West Bridgford's share of the Clifton service, which went via Wilford Lane in the days before Clifton Bridge was built. (When the bridge was opened in 1958, the NCT contingent was diverted over it, but the West Bridgford and South Notts buses continued to use Wilford Lane).

• Upvote 1

If it's alright I would like to share a few photos of preserved vehicles with a Nottingham connection. Starting with NTC. AEC Regent III OTV 137 with Park Royal H30/26R body. Seen at Sandtoft Trolley bus museum May 2010.

8159013856_d0fd2ea686_c.jpg

NCT

• Like 1

Ditto. I really don't see the point in the colour schemes either? The fact remains that to catch a bus one needs to look at the destination and number on the front. The NCT bus that runs past where I live is one of the 'Purple Line' buses, I'm not going to catch it on account of it being purple though as three other services share the same colour scheme. Seems pointless to me.

While I'm at it, another gripe. The double-deckers we used to have have recently been replaced completely by new single-deckers which are quite small. They don't have enough space for passengers at busy time so people are left crammed down the aisles, hanging on with people crushing to get off. I wonder how NCT consider that to be progress?

If you are as sad as me, some of you might like to hear what one of these little 29 seater Bedfords sounded like. Try this for size :

!

Lovely gearbox whine.

I always preferred the sound of Nottingham's AECs to the Leylands. Sad, I know!

Ditto. I really don't see the point in the colour schemes either? The fact remains that to catch a bus one needs to look at the destination and number on the front. The NCT bus that runs past where I live is one of the 'Purple Line' buses, I'm not going to catch it on account of it being purple though as three other services share the same colour scheme. Seems pointless to me.

While I'm at it, another gripe. The double-deckers we used to have have recently been replaced completely by new single-deckers which are quite small. They don't have enough space for passengers at busy time so people are left crammed down the aisles, hanging on with people crushing to get off. I wonder how NCT consider that to be progress?

At least NCT have given-up the mad idea of running midi-buses.

Please Mester NCT can we have our traditional green and cream buses back ? Your current lucky dip colour schemes are awful.

If a bus breaks down it can't be replaced by any bus, it has to be one of the same colour.

Oo aye - not 'arf yer would. That electrosity was funny stuff (I don't understand how they get it to come through the gas pipes these days - any more than how gas can come along wires, but there it is - the gas company sells electrosity and vice versa - whatever that means). And from the registration number, I think this beastie was rebuilt from a 1939 AEC Regent double decker, which had the running number 31.