• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at some pictures of Barton buses which I would guess were from the early 1950's, I noticed that some of them had the destination Hillman Estate.

I can't find this anywhere. Where was Hillman Estate?

Couldn't resist it, littlebro.

Just like SWMBO this morning, sounding Husky but a little Minx all the same. :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...

Alas - if only it was so. There used to be buses galore in the Old Market Square and its adjacent bits - South Parade, Cheapside, Long Row, Beastmarket Hill - 29 different routes by my reckoning. But they have nearly all been banished and all we have now - well, you know better than I do - is trams and boring great expanses of grey concrete.

Yes, but they're all in Derby so nobody here is allowed to look at them.

But if you do look, there's a reminder that it's not only Nottingham which destroyed its past. Within the last few years, Derby got rid of the old art-deco bus station and replaced it with a disaster.

A disaster?

I'd call it hell on earth. I live here, I see it every day!

How the Health & Safety people allow buses to reverse directly into the path of incoming vehicles, I simply don't understand!

A disaster?

I'd call it hell on earth. I live here, I see it every day!

How the Health & Safety people allow buses to reverse directly into the path of incoming vehicles, I simply don't understand!

The same thing happens at Victoria Bus Station. I think the idea is to cram as many stops into the available space as possible?