• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Near the playing fields I believe.

NCT only had three of these single deckers. I remember the 8, Trent Bridge to Sneinton, which was a single-decker route because of the low bridge on Meadow Lane. At busy times, two were actually used, to bring kids from Sneinton to Mundella School. Bet those had a hard life.

Did Bestwood have a single-decker route?

Some interesting background information on LTV 701. Registered June 1951, 30 seater, Hackney Single Decker AEC motor bus heavy oil. 9.6litre 6 cylinder diesel engine, Road Tax £37.9s.9d.

Bought by William Olds Boys Club, Bestwood Park for £100 from NCT, Arthur Deacon, Transport Manager.

Re-registered under new ownership in May 1970 and classified as a 15 seater, Road Tax £19.10s

Route 35 which ran from Bulwell Market to the Northern Cemetery on Hempshill Lane was operated by a single decker until the overbridge for the Bennerley railway was removed. The 35 operated on Saturday & Sunday afternoons.

When the new rear engine buses came out (Atlanteans and Fleetlines) all those years ago, we were all excited to ride on them. Wish the old ones could return.

One thing i remember as a kid and i don't think it was the cambre of roads the AEC's that did Arnold (57 ) they all seemed to lean to one side- is this a blurred childhood memory thing?? Did that make have this pecularity?