• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

I certainly hope so Den, what a pious arrogant barsteward he was

He once visited Bulwell depot early one morning to give a night-man a rollicking for catching the side of a bus on one of those steel girders that the roof was fixed to after the bus slid sideways in very slippery conditions.

After giving the rollicking he got in his car, a Ford Granada Ghia & backed it in to a steel girder ! That made a LOT of people very happy ! There IS a God !

• Like 1

I remember John Lowry well --- I was the night fitter at Trent Bridge depot and he walked in at 11.30 one night --- I started at 11.00 and he caught me in the timekeeper's office reading the paper -- I hadn't even got my overalls on --- I thought I was in trouble , but funnily enough , all he did was remind me of the time and off he went. -- I never heard any more about it !!

• 3 weeks later...

With reference to Methyr Imp's post #661, showing the photo of NCT Fleetline 78, I am pretty sure that the blinds are indeed showing the service number as 33. The bus would in fact be on the then newly introduced Saturday Park & Ride service 303 from South Sherwood Street to the Forest Recreation Ground. As NCT buses only had two track blinds at that time, they would show 33 as it would not be confused with any exsiting service number.

#775.

Deepdene Boy is quite possibly correct, those Daimler's did in fact only have two destination number blinds fitted.

This could have been on an occasion when NCT were struggling for buses & has a last resort would use any available bus on that service.

• Like 1