• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

• 3 weeks later...

Re #782, NCT had 17 Guy Arab Utilities supplied in 1943-44. They were GTV408-416 (running numbers 88-96) with bodies by Massey and Pickering in 1943; and GTV580-587 (running numbers 80-87) with bodies by Weymann in 1944. All were withdrawn by 1960, some quite a bit earlier than that.

In addition to Barton and Midland General, East Midland also ran Guys on services to Nottingham run jointly with Trent (12A Chesterfield, 36 Doncaster and 37 Retford).

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing to do with buses, but we had an Isetta like the one next to the bus in the photo. That was in 1965. Once it wouldn't go, so Paul started to push it down a hill, but then had to run round to the front to get in it - he made it, but it was very funny to watch.. I loved it - wish we still had one.

• Upvote 2

We did have one photo of the Isetta, but I've just looked and can't find it. It was a pale blue colour - lovely

I sometimes drove that bus Mess, it started at Mellors Road in Arnold, when I started in '74 for a while it was two man operated & went over to one man operation in '75.

Hey catfan, Blackie here. New to the site.I worked for N.T.C. from `74 to`76 Drove out of Bulwell depot to start,then went to Sherwood. I remember doing the Boots specials from Beeston to Clifton in `74 Remember the old Regents and Renouns ? well. My first conductor was Dave ( chalky ) White who lived just up the street form Bulwell Depot.

• Upvote 1

Catfan,told you my Dad worked as a 'Duckie' for NCT Bulwell for a time in the 70s and you think you remembered him,......well ive just remembered i played Football for them around 1970,and they were the worst team i ever played for,some great lads though,we were regulary beat by 8 or 9 goals,home ground was Bulwell Hall Park,

Ive been racking my brain and cant remember any of their names,any chance you can recall any of em ?

One in particular keep nearly remembering his name and i'll know if you say it,...........big fat lad really awful player but he picked the team.