• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Stephen

You were not far off. A mate of mine who is a local train and bus "anorak" says that East Midland changed their livery from that shown in #882 to red in 1955.

My memories are that the East Midland red was a darker shade than that of Trent buses and very similar to that used by Ribble in Yorkshire

My memories are that the East Midland red was a darker shade than that of Trent buses and very similar to that used by Ribble in Yorkshire

Yes, that's about right. I can't produce a photograph as I don't seem to have taken any of East Midland in colour - too drab.

Ribble was Lancashire, by the way.

Merthy Imp

Quite right Ribble - Lancashire and North West. Don't know why I typed Yorkshire, probably because I had just been looking at pictures of the Ribblehead viaduct (inspired by a railway post on viaducts on this site) which is in North Yorkshire.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought some of the bus/coach fans might like to see my small model collection of mainly Notts coaches and buses

P1050292_zpsyyms3bdx.jpg

P1050294_zpswjvlgivp.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 7
  • 2 months later...

I'm not a 'bus' person, A to B suits me fine so we did get very apprehensive when this 1931 Mercedes turned up to take us around the Western cape vinyards some years ago. The slatted wooden seats would have made life interesting on some of the bends we drove round later in the day in a very modern coach from the 'feeder' point.

imgRAC85011_zpskw5cbf1d.jpg

The worst 5 day trip we had was to Germany with a Mansfield coach firm, the driver each morning passed the road atlas to the nearest passenger & asked "where are we going today?" and even worse when he said he had no cleaning equipment for the on board toilet. Even with the door sealed with masking tape the smell was atrocious. Compensation was paid & the driver sacked! Nobody suggested 'a tip for the driver!' not a polite one I can print! 

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Blimey ..... just been reading about Nottingham's pioneering investment in 13 new single decker fully all electric buses made by Chinese manufacturer BYD to add to the 45 we already have costing £3.2 million 

http://www.mynottinghamnews.com/new-electric-buses-power-nottinghams-clean-air-ambitions/

A friend of mine used to get on the 25 with me by Digby College and always jump off as it turned into Breckhill Road, she got away without paying her fare every time but sadly she was killed in a road accident when she was 21.  Not by jumping off a moving bus though.