On 8/28/2017 at 6:50 PM, plantfit said:

I know it's not Nottingham but I didn't know where to put this one,Did you ever have this on a destination board on your bus Mick?

P1050755.jpg

Rog

No Rog, we just went & had a kip on the back seat !

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

On 01/09/2017 at 1:31 PM, katyjay said:

I rode the 22 all the time. I remember the chock being used at Hanley Street.  Before Photobucket started messing everyone around, there was a photo on here of the 22 parked on Hanley street with a chock under the wheel, IIFC.

katyjay has now re-discovered the photo and asked me to re-post it. The chock is under the front nearside wheel.

mK8Qk7y.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My, my. Nice and clean, no gaudy advertising, but with clear number and destination! 

Not like today's ramshackle fleet ! And what's 'City Loop' supposed to be. That's not much use to a stranger !

The number 1 bus seems all wrong. For one thing, the driver would change his destination back to Aspley as soon as he arrived at Hanley Street. And going into town it would say Hanley Street, not City.

There was a number 2 which, supposedly, ran along Gregory Boulevard and passed the Manning but it was no good relying on it because the damned thing either never turned up at all or was late! So, I used to walk instead. There was always a queue for that bus, mainly adults presumably going to work. Manning girls had more sense than to risk it due to the sanctions imposed on latecomers! I don't know where the 2 went after reaching the end of Gregory Boulevard. Outer space, perhaps, because it took a month of Sundays to reach the start of Gregory Boulevard again!

26 minutes ago, catfan said:

the crews on those knew how to dodge work,all being usually on the old timers sick, lazy & idle rota !

Sounds about right. I don't think it was scheduled to run very often anyway but certainly didn't turn up as often as it was scheduled! :angry:

5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

There was a number 2 which, supposedly, ran along Gregory Boulevard and passed the Manning but it was no good relying on it because the damned thing either never turned up at all or was late! So, I used to walk instead. There was always a queue for that bus, mainly adults presumably going to work. Manning girls had more sense than to risk it due to the sanctions imposed on latecomers! I don't know where the 2 went after reaching the end of Gregory Boulevard. Outer space, perhaps, because it took a month of Sundays to reach the start of Gregory Boulevard again!

My dad and I used to catch the number 2 service on Saturdays to go to the football. Sometimes it was single decker! It was often late and if we missed it we'd walk up Noel St by the side of the Forest and catch it when it came along Bentinck Rd onto Mount Horton Rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Aah the No2, it was one of those oddity routes like the 8, 26 and 51that ran only once in a blue moon.

If I remember correctly it was a weekdays only service leaving Goldsmith St at 8.20am for Waverley St, Mount Hooton, Gregory Boulevard, Hucknall Road and Valley Road. There was a return service in the afternoon at about 4pm.

I'd rather walk home and  get soaked to the skin on a sleeting February night that get on that !

• Like 3