• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Mick, used to use Strensham services regularly when taking my daughter back and forth to Hartpury College. The "proper" Cornish pasties, sold in a kiosk just outside of the main entrance  (Southbound) are "to die for". Some of the best food I have ever encountered at a motorway service station.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

To be fair, a is next to s on a keyboard. :biggrin:

Sty on eye. Can.t ser very well.

Bleddy smartphone.

Belting along at 50 mph on the back seat of a coach !

Take yer pick !

• Like 1

Lad i lived next door to when growing up on Andover road went to Rose Hill......he certainly was'nt a Daft lad,,he suffered from chronic Asthma'' used to baby sit me,and died at only 18............David Olpin was his name,,and i'm still mates with his brother Nev'' former very good football referee.......and still lives on Andover.......... 

5 hours ago, carni said:

You have such a cruel tongue these days catfan.

NS is a site about nostalgia

& those were the terms used in those days before PC madness set in.

• Like 1

Catfan, I love Eastbourne - Paul and I used to 'host' Christian Guild Holidays for many years at a hotel there.

We"ve been on a coach holiday to Eastbourne as well.  Loved seeing the sun come up over the horizon each morning.  Eastbourne is on the South coast but it actually faces towards the East!

IMG_0076.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That's a bit unkind, Phil... have you experienced this in Eastbourne?   In the eighties and nineties when Paul and I were working there,  we used to go out with the young staff and guests at the hotel and have great times.   One New Year, we'd had a party at the hotel, but then they  wanted to go down the town......  it was about 12.30am and some of the teenagers went paddling and then slipped over fully dressed in the sea (not me - I was supposed to be supervising!). And all this without anyone having had any alcohol!  Happy times...

• Like 2

Late 90s was working near Eastbourne and stayed a couple of nights BB.....lovely old dear landlady...no where to be seen at breakfast time,and no one else staying,,left a note,...''just help yourself'' i'm out for the day.''.......thought how nice.......

• Like 2

TBI it is an AEC Swift behind the Regent V at Trent Bridge. However it is not one of the ex WBUDC East Lancs bodied examples. It is one of the Northern Counties bodied batch 707-712 (PTO 707-712G). The give away is the large white painted front bumper bar that is just visible. The ex WBUDC examples did not have this feature.

• Like 2

Yes, thanks for info Deepdene.

I remembered the single decker as a Clifton route, perhaps used because of the railway bridge at the end of Wilford Lane?

The GEM ad on those Broadmarsh buses made me chuckle. Shop and save... mam did the saving but I got lumbered with the shopping, used to get sent off on me bike with a list. Wobbled back with a saddlebag full and a bag hanging off each handle-bar. 

• Like 1