1 hour ago, Willow wilson said:

Pianoman, the fillet round the radiator don't look reyt to me and Nottingham's Regent 1s had the same wire mesh radiator with horizontal wire supports silver painted too. So you have my (conditional) vote.

Edit, but there again the fillet may be genuine

That's what I thought. The fillet around the radiator doesn't look genuine because that cab wasn't originally fitted to an AEC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

A former member of this site (Looselegs) either worked for or owned Camms coaches, he was a great friend of another former member (Fynger)

Rog

Many moons ago I remember my uncle, who was a driver on the Brown and Cream West Bridgford  buses, telling  me that depending on how the conductor rang the bell gave instructions to the driver.  1 ring was "Stop" - 2 rings was "Go" and 3 rings was "Do Not Stop".

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

COMS%20N923%2092RTO%20%20Daimler%20Fleetline%20CRG6%20%20%2060270%20%20NCME%20H44-33F%20Nottingham%20Corporation%20%2092.%20100873-020973%20%20%20Nigel%20Butchers.jpgI don't remember seeing a City Transport bus that looks like this one

A Flat Front Daimler Oz, drove that one many times, quite nice to drive in fact !

• Like 3

Bedford OB, ex South Notts of Gotham, later in life it belonged to Bunny Hill motors and used to transport office staff from Nottingham city to H J Baldwin co Ltd at Loughborough road Bunny,finished service with them in the late 80's early 90's,this picture was taken at a steam and vintage vehicle rally near Lutterworth about fifteen years ago

P1060415.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

I grew up just round the corner from there Mick,47 Bathley street, tram lines were still down in them days although the trams were long gone, plenty of trolley buses though

Rog

• Like 1
3 hours ago, catfan said:

Ex Bilb' Depot bus plying the 1 7 22 route ! Very fast for an old 'un !

402 always had a reputation has a flyer, right from when she was allocated to Trent Bridge when new in 1964. If she was accidentally swapped with a Bulwell failure on 43s, Trent Bridge ensured she was swapped back again asap.

• Like 2

Finney electric was the 5 minute wonder from WB who tried to jump on the free for all bus deregulation bandwagon in '86 by setting up his own bus company & failed miserably & later had his arse kicked big style by the then Traffic Commissioners.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Never heard of them Mick..i see he tried to copy UDC colours.

Anymore info please?

Ian.

That bloke should never have been allowed to operate a bus service in the first place. He was just a bus "Looney" who thought he knew & could do it all, but he couldn't !

http://archive.commercialmotor.com/article/11th-august-1978/20/russian-roulette-with-passengers

"  He bought the vehicles from a Barnsley scrapyard" just about sums it up !

• Like 1

Finney's used two ex NCT Regent Vs, the second one was 273 shown at the top of this page on 77s (probably the only time ever a Regent V was used on these services). His two other vehicles were ex London Transport AEC Swifts, I think one of them was LT fleetnumber SMS399.

• Like 2