• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There is an item for same on ebay "Finneys Electrics and Motor Omnibus Company 114 Trent Boulevard. Route, Time and faretable from the 20th June 1977 for service D2" The seller has put "Asda Wolds Estate-Water Centre"

A Google search gives:  

"The Bus that Beat the Bureaucrats, John Finney, West Bridgford and District LHS

03.03.2017, 7:30 pm

On Friday 3rd March 2017 at Lutterell Hall, West Bridgford, commencing at 7:30pm John Finney will give a presentation on Finney’s Buses."

So what was the story anyone know?

• 5 weeks later...

My mates the Radford brothers chris and Rob  put me on a bus at bulwell market drunk as a skunk , and yelled to the driver " mek sure he gets home ,drop him at grindon crescent , as if it was a uber driver, 

I was so drunk when the pushed me on the entrance door of the bus , i immediately staggered out the exit door and stood at the side of them,

They looked up at the top deck and heard them say " where is the prat can't see him" 

I said wheyeyyyy and nearly fell over , the put me back on the bus , and i fell asleep ,

Next thing i heard the driver "come on time to get off mate "  i said is it grindon crescent hic ?

He said "No, Rise park the terminus "

It was a long one step forward , two steps backward walk home !!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes phil they were blue and white they were at Mount St. bus station or Huntingdon St. station i think it was the F4 and F8 were based at Huntingdon St. I can not remember who ran the trolley buses though i can remember them.

17 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Yes phil they were blue and white they were at Mount St. bus station or Huntingdon St. station i think it was the F4 and F8 were based at Huntingdon St. I can not remember who ran the trolley buses though i can remember them.

MGO's  B8 and F3 went from Huntingdon St to Mansfield. Along with MDT buses they were immaculately turned out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C.T., cut me teeth on one of them back in 1962. That were me first shift as a conductor when issued with a licence and getting a uniform. My training was in civvies with a regular conductor on 39 route, Carlton to Middleton boulevard, (he made me do all upstairs).

• Like 3
2 hours ago, katyjay said:

Beekay, I was riding the 39 in 1962 from Triumph Rd to Canning Circus each work day. You could have been my conductor.

You would ascend the bus and I would have whisked you away to paradise. Well, Canning Circus at least and all for about 4d.

If memory serves me well, you worked in Raleigh offices on Triumph Road. In fact, in the office next to mine, where I worked until going on the buses.

• Upvote 1

D.A., that's awfully kind of you, but not necessary. My conscience won't let me put you to any expense, but thank you very much for your generous offer, it is greatly appreciated. Cheers mate !  Barrie.

@Beekay:  ‘tis the season of goodwill!

Can’t you donate £20:00 to a charity of your choice if your conscience is troubling you.

I don’t do internet banking, pay pal etc.

The buses await your decision

The trolley bus is not boxed, but the other two are.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Can I ask, what lacquer do you use?  B.

I don't think those big buggers would do well on the 40/47 Wilford route. They'd be struggling to get through the old St.Annes well road. That's why they used the those skinny 4 wheeler trolleys.  B.

Allways wanted to know why we had 4  wheeler trollys in St Ann's 40 route Wiford Bridge to top Wells road 47 from Wilford bridge to Ransom Road / Coppice road

My OOC one came today. It is a very good example with just one glaring mistake - to me at least. The handrail down the centre of the platform is shiny silver, whereas I remember them having white tape around them. Plantfit seems to have got that right. BTW its a 43 to Trent Bridge.

• Like 1