OTV 161 at Ruddington. My picture.

NSMEE004.jpg

I used to drive this Olympian in my Trent days. Its also at Ruddington. Perhaps I should be in a museum as well 

NSMEE005.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

8 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

Rog, the blue and cream Daimler CVG6 in BK's photo is from Rotherham, rather than Sheffield

Thanks DB wasn't sure if it had crossed the border from Sheffield, great looking bus though

Rog

Many thanks for your input chaps. It's very much appreciated. 

All contributions made will keep this topic active and promote interest in all forms of transport to many, who stumble on this forum.

It helps me to remember my past experiences as a bus conductor/driver back in the 60s. Didn't know it then but realise it now, they were the best years of my working life.    Barrie.

• Like 2

CT, back in 1962, I was there I was that soldier !

Ben1945, love Reading about your exploits too ! Including on the football teams and behind the counters of shops I used to deliver to, a couple of years after my stint "On the Buses".

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Trolleybus turning to come back towards Nottingham - at Wilford Toll Bridge. You can now cross the bridge (or a modified version of it) on the tram.

Nottingham City trolleybus Location: The Wilford Road terminus of the 47 route. The bus is using the roundabout to return towards Nottingham. In the background is the Wilford Toll Bridge; it has been modified to take the new NET (tram) system south of the city. Fleet no.: 578 Registration: KTV 578 Chassis: BUT Body: Brush Entered service: 12/51 Withdrawn: 10/65 [Mike Morant collection]

I believe 578 pictured is the second 6 wheeler in line for preservation at Sandtoft.

• Like 1

Talking about trolley buses has reminded me I must try and find some transfers for my NCT trolley, destination blinds and reg numbers

DSCF1712.jpg

Rog

That would be good, once saw a Rolls with the reg number ROG 1 but I dont think my spending money would stretch to that anyway it would look daft on my Toyota lol

Rog

Thanks for your contribution Stuart, I'm  much obliged. Having looked at your aerial view link and it looks like the museum is on some sort of industrial estate. On the view, adjacent to the site is a large car park(?) which is rammed full of vehicles. I was wondering if this was the parking area for the museum or some other firm. I was trying to find blue badge (disabled) parking but to no avail. Must make sure next time we are staying in Nottingham  for a few days, that we take time to visit Sandtoft, also Ruddington. Cheers mate.

• Like 1

B-K

I couldn't work out where general parking is let alone disabled.
I don't think it's at the end.
Possibly on the grass in the centre of the site, first pic below which is from Google maps dated 2013 .

There are thousands of brand new cars parked around there ready to go to or have come from the docks, plus car and lorry breakers.

I go past occasionally to a car meeting just down the other end of the old airfield, but the trolley museum has never been open when I've gone past, so haven't seen visitors cars going in or out.

J3hrTWc.png

Tugf5AO.png

• Like 1

Their website says ample free parking with reserved places near the museum entrance for disabled persons parking

They also have a facebook page worth checking out

Rog

• 1 month later...