one day got the biggest laugh had 2 young lads on about 11-12 years old they started playing a game of reading the names of shops swapping the first letters of the title like John Smiths became Sohn jmiths, get it laugh came when we passed Westminster Bank peed meself laughing, so did they

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

The answer to the question in post # 521 is that Glyn Pickworth was driving the MGO Lodekka that ran off the road near Langley Mill and Eastwood GNR station. It wasn't his fault, you can read is own account on this website scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.heanorhistory.org.uk/v2publictransport.html

The answer to the question in post # 521 is that Glyn Pickworth was driving the MGO Lodekka that ran off the road near Langley Mill and Eastwood GNR station. It wasn't his fault, you can read is own account on this website scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.heanorhistory.org.uk/v2publictransport.html

Thanks. The main reason I was interested in knowing who was driving the bus is that I have known one or two drivers who have had heart attacks while driving. One about the time that one crashed.

• 4 weeks later...

Cliff ton, #538, OTV 161, bus in your pic, drove that at bilborough depot on service 55 mansfield rd, valley rd, the boulevards to clifton, wonderful to see the lady again, thank you

Some great colour photo's there, I note the red PMT double decker parked up with the MGO football buses at the Cattle Market. PMT, Potteries Motor Transport, Forest must have been playing Stoke City that day.

A look at Port Vale's FA Cup and League Cup record shows they weren't drawn against Forest at any possible time when that photo could have been taken.

Interestingly, they did play Notts away in the FA Cup 1970, but those Midland General vehicles would have been long gone by then.

I suppose there's the possibility of a league match against Notts, but I imagine the caption to the photo is correct - I doubt there would have been two double decker-loads of Notts supporters in those days!

• 1 month later...

I believe Skillys have still got a couple of those Bedford SB's. One I know they bought about 15 years ago for preservation and another they have had donkeys years, probably from new. Might even be the one pictured.