rob237

Buses in Nottingham

I was given, as a gift this Christmas, a Leeds city transport Crossley DD2 model. It looks very similar to buses I recall going from Trent Bridge to Hyson Gree. Is it the same type of bus or something different?

MD..one of our experts will be able to give you a definite on that one.

Portsmouth used Crossley..and Rotherham..i think.

On my holidays in the 60's and 70's at Portsmouth and Sunny Southsea the only buses I remember seeing of Portsmouth City Council were Leyland PD2's. Even the two open top ones that ran the sea front service were Leylands. They were pre-war reg RV **** one of which is preserved.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, IAN123. said:

Bay 2 was for where?

In earlier days platform 2 was for Barton buses and after they moved some services to Mount Street Trent used to use it, almost exclusively except for the Mansfield District Traction Bus to Southwell.

Most of the buses I caught from Huntingdon Street used platform 6

22 hours ago, mercurydancer said:

I was given, as a gift this Christmas, a Leeds city transport Crossley DD2 model. It looks very similar to buses I recall going from Trent Bridge to Hyson Gree. Is it the same type of bus or something different?

MD, NCT never operated Crossleys, and, being Leeds City Transport, I presume that the bodywork would have been built by Roe, a bodybuilder NCT only favoured for trolleybuses, until a batch of 10 Leyland Atlanteans (471-480, NNN471-480W) in 1981

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This might be true, it might not. A rowdy passenger was asked by a conductor for his fare, passenger said " my face is my ticket" conductor said ok let me punch it.

• Like 3