rob237

Buses in Nottingham

Fenella Fielding enjoyed my Bestwood charm.......(proper name dropper aint i)     when i took her up the lift in Coop house.......she told me ''i think you are wonderful'' in that lovely sexy voice,,...............

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you Ben, but 'she' was a bloke in real life. LOL

• Like 2

RH-2930-1000x1000.jpgA real blast from the past!

In Wallace's yard...late 1960's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Sorry to disappoint you Ben, but 'she' was a bloke in real life. LOL

Yer wot! 

According to wiki and other sources she was born  Fenella Marion Feldman and is now 90 years old

She is not related to Marty Feldman.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was only joking Ben. . Thank goodness she wasn't related to Marty !

Screaming ! I do regularly !

Fenella Fielding was a member of the Playhouse Rep. when I was in the Playhouse club (mentioned previously). She notably played Ranyevskaya in Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard - as well as other, more characteristically Fielding-style roles in other productions.

I remember that she couldn't see very well - which could have contributed a lot to her "smouldering" persona.

She most certainly isn't a bloke!

• Like 1

What struck me about her apart from that Voice was how tiny she was,,......always regretted not having a cup of coffee with her and talking a bit more,,she seemed quite approachable ,,

Thanks Deepdene..i will look to see what that livery looks like.Regards.

It was a browny maroon and dark red I believe. The maroon wasn't as muddy as it looks in the picture.

• Like 1

They looked very nice Malcolm...but not as nice as Nottm buses.

I thought Derby + Sheffield very drab.

17212390822_10490095ff_b.jpgE319 BVO..fairly unspectacular Volvo..but the setting is sentimental to my time on Leybourne...most of all this has gone.Boarded the 17 here as a kid for trips to Bulwell Common.This must be December...Peppers have Decs up..as does the jewellers.

Anyone recall ouside that Salon..the Jason King picture up on the wall?..seemed forever...as if waiting for sideburns to come back!

• Like 3

Not a Nottingham bus but a humorous photo anyhow, spotted at Strensham Servcises M5 motorway Gloucester.

Looks like "Delboy" is branching out in the coach business milarky !

P1080651.jpg

The Welsh Rugby Team coach ?

P1080644.jpg

Strensham Services, a bus spotters paradise if you are that way inclined !

• Like 1

This has got it all!.. captured in one still.M11_A-49-1000x1000.jpgReally gives you the full sense of 1965 on Nottingham Streets...criss cross of TrolleyBus wires..tidy and kempt roundabouts..thought the Bedford might be Bodills?..the built in blue Police Box ..Ovaltine and Robin Hood Pale Ale..the old boy loaded up with brussel tops and King Edwards..was'nt unusual for a "lady of the night".. to be seen hanging around the bogs in the day!

Central Market..Parliament St.Baptist Church..square clock and Coombes.Geezer on the Mobilette looks tatered.

KTV 516 ..the 47 turning up Bath Street.

Another Roy Marshall delight ..( he had the eye.)

• Like 7

Great pic, love the moped rider, cork helmet and gauntlets.

• Like 2

Mick, used to use Strensham services regularly when taking my daughter back and forth to Hartpury College. The "proper" Cornish pasties, sold in a kiosk just outside of the main entrance  (Southbound) are "to die for". Some of the best food I have ever encountered at a motorway service station.

• Like 2

Modern mini buses were often referred to as bread vans. This one looks more like an ice-cream van. Too small for an SB probably a J2 or an OLAZ

• Like 1

VZ003081-1000x1000.jpgThis had me foxed at first...the destination says Rose Hill...me Mam used to threaten to send me there..when in trouble at School!

92 RTO...on loan and seen here in Oxford.

• Like 1

May 1959..great colour and composition.NIA-110-1000x1000.jpgpair of Leylands..TD5 ?...Roy Marshall.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 5:27 PM, IAN123. said:

VZ003081-1000x1000.jpgThis had me foxed at first...the destination says Rose Hill...me Mam used to threaten to send me there..when in trouble at School!

92 RTO...on loan and seen here in Oxford.

Rose Hill was a school for dsft kids !

• Like 1

My old friend John Pearson was head teacher at Rosehill school for many years.

• Like 1