rob237

Buses in Nottingham

The zigzag on the crossing didn't appear until 1971

So what's  it doing so far from the kerb?

Trying to avoid some twit standing in the road taking  a photograph!     thumbsup

• Like 6

He's about to turn left into the bus station. (Whilst avoiding the twerp with the camera.)

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 9:50 PM, Oztalgian said:

Ben, I can't remember a Marsdens in Bliduth or Renuth, CO-OP stores yes but not a Marsdens?

Just noticed this OZ,,,sorry you are correct......getting my Marsdens and Coops a bit mixed......maybe because i have so many happy memories  of both...

It's not like Pevrils chicken Coop though, is it Ben?   :rolleyes:

A mention of local transport! Buses in Nottingham, anyone? Sadly they are not green and cream.

Nottingham Bus

Yours obsessively, B.

Excellent bus site, thanks. I did go to the surgery about my bus obsession, but when I got there the receptionist said there wasn't a doctor available. I waited and waited, and then three came along at once.

A few Trent Barton

Trent Barton

A different interest is postboxes. Don't call the big yellow taxi yet. They are interesting artifacts, some of them Victorian, left out in all weathers, and snapping them keeps me off the streets.See

Notts Postboxes

A list of Notts box locations here

http://edwardbetts.com/postboxes/NG.html

Hello, hello, anyone still there? Please don't take the pizo over these interests.smile2

B.

Baz, I'm enjoying reading your posts.  I like your style.

48 minutes ago, Baznotinnotts said:

Hello, hello, anyone still there?

Deep breath and reeeelaaax Baz someone will be along in a moment to help you... In the meantime should feel the need to talk there is a helpline you can ring - just follow the instructions.

Hello, welcome to the mental health hotline.

If you have obsessive compulsive disorder, press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
If you have multiple personality syndrome, press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you suffer from paranoid schizophrenia, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.
If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mothership.
If you are hearing voices, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which button you press. No one will answer anyway.
If you are dyslexic, press 96969696969696.
If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the pound button until a representative comes on the line.
If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name, address, phone number, date of birth and your mother's and grandmother's maiden names.
If you have bi-polar disorder, please leave a message after the beep. Or before the beep. Or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
If you have short term memory loss, please try to call again in a few minutes.

If you have Tourettes syndrome please shout an obscenity of your choice very loudly

If you have low self esteem, please hang up. All our representatives are busy.

• Like 2

I am in two minds, and counting,  about taking this excellent advice. I have all of the above, and am looking for more as I hate being left out. I really must take a trip to Jerus ..., ah no, that's a pub, a trip to Nottingham to restore my equilibrium. A snack upstairs in Woolworths cafe, or a browse around Griffin and Spalding, Jessops or Pearsons, chips in the Snackery (full 'arse), watch Forest play Man U, and of course shake hands and hug all my former contacts .... but a TARDIS may be required.

B.

27 minutes ago, Baznotinnotts said:

I am in two minds, and counting,  about taking this excellent advice. I have all of the above, and am looking for more as I hate being left out. 

If you stick around here for long enough you'll find that we have Meet-ups where you could perhaps indulge some of your peculiar interests. At the moment those meetings are on hold until the world returns to something resembling normal.