rob237

Buses in Nottingham

Just seen these on a Facebook group I am on. It is described as an AEC Regent. I looked at it and thought 'that's a bit low for a lorry' and then I thought 'AEC Regent is a bus'. And then I looked at the registration. Now tell me if I am wrong but I reckon someone has built a lorry on an ex. Nottingham City Transport AEC Regent chassis.

wssh1l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Or transferred the number plate.

• Like 1

Pianoman, the fillet round the radiator don't look reyt to me and Nottingham's Regent 1s had the same wire mesh radiator with horizontal wire supports silver painted too. So you have my (conditional) vote.

Edit, but there again the fillet may be genuine

OTV 178: AEC Regent III of D.W. Martin, Annan

OTV 178: AEC Regent III of D.W. Martin, Annan

OTV 178 was new in 1954 as a double-decker bus with Nottingham City Transport. An AEC Regent III 9613E originally fitted with Park Royal bodywork, upon withdrawal it was converted to a tar sprayer by Limmer & Trinidad Lake Asphalt. It later passed to Tarmac and initially entered preservation in this form. However a later owner converted it to a beavertail, in which form it appeared at the 2017 Kirkby Stephen & Brough Classic Commercial Rally.

And:

https://ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p114576435/h65BB3750#h65bb3750

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willow wilson said:

Pianoman, the fillet round the radiator don't look reyt to me and Nottingham's Regent 1s had the same wire mesh radiator with horizontal wire supports silver painted too. So you have my (conditional) vote.

Edit, but there again the fillet may be genuine

That's what I thought. The fillet around the radiator doesn't look genuine because that cab wasn't originally fitted to an AEC

camms1.jpgThe delighful and inviting Booking Office of Camms..Catfan has great stories of this set-up..you had to laugh..or you'd cry!camms2.jpgLuxury fleet ...just waiting for an excursion....not!..C'mon Mick tell us a few tales.

5132963953_a6000e5017_b.jpgDAU 437C..The 41 in the Square..a Leopard lingering in the background.

• Like 2

A former member of this site (Looselegs) either worked for or owned Camms coaches, he was a great friend of another former member (Fynger)

Rog

7 hours ago, IAN123. said:

5132963953_a6000e5017_b.jpgDAU 437C..The 41 in the Square..a Leopard lingering in the background.

Driven that. Nippy !

• Like 1

Many moons ago I remember my uncle, who was a driver on the Brown and Cream West Bridgford  buses, telling  me that depending on how the conductor rang the bell gave instructions to the driver.  1 ring was "Stop" - 2 rings was "Go" and 3 rings was "Do Not Stop".

• Like 2

1 to stop, 2 to go, 3 full load, don't pick any more passengers up, continuous ringing, bleddy pull up sharpish there is an emergency !

• Like 2

Those 1960s electric bells had a round chrome backplate and a red button in the centre.

The old buses in the 50s as I remember had a round brass plunger about 1.5" diameter and you had to give it a really good plunge to get the bell to ring.

• Like 1

Anyone recall a daytrip with this outfit?71129.1.280.99999.unpad.jpgwent to a few Anglo Scottish Cup matches with Netherfield Coaches.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

COMS%20N923%2092RTO%20%20Daimler%20Fleetline%20CRG6%20%20%2060270%20%20NCME%20H44-33F%20Nottingham%20Corporation%20%2092.%20100873-020973%20%20%20Nigel%20Butchers.jpgI don't remember seeing a City Transport bus that looks like this one

A Flat Front Daimler Oz, drove that one many times, quite nice to drive in fact !

• Like 3

Newark bus station this afternoon

Newark_22.08_(6).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Bunbury street sheds

P1050425.jpg

Rog

• Like 4

Bedford OB, ex South Notts of Gotham, later in life it belonged to Bunny Hill motors and used to transport office staff from Nottingham city to H J Baldwin co Ltd at Loughborough road Bunny,finished service with them in the late 80's early 90's,this picture was taken at a steam and vintage vehicle rally near Lutterworth about fifteen years ago

P1060415.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Bunbury street sheds

P1050425.jpg

Rog

My old depot in the 70's - never had a great big hole in the wall though !!

• Like 3

M10_C-125-1000x1000.jpgTaken in an era when buses were great..have no interest in these blue and purple affairs today..and the jerking!..like walking the bleedin' cakewalk..are they not taught smooth gear change and braking?

Anyroad up a shiny BTV402B on Maid Marian Way...heading for Bells Lane.

• Like 3

Ex Bilb' Depot bus plying the 1 7 22 route ! Very fast for an old 'un !

• Like 1