rob237

Buses in Nottingham

20 hours ago, IAN123. said:

In it's 14th year this bus thread!

KTV-337.jpgKTV 337..a Beeston bound Regent resting on Granby Street...that's Maid Marian Way area....in new money.

1963?..this livery was experimental Deepdene?

Ian.

Ian, yes it was decided to increase the amount of green to below the upper deck window line and add in the green band between decks. Which to my min ,at least, gave the best version of the green and cream livery.

• Like 1

Crabtree Farm route...75.4791057333-68105a94a6-b.jpgshame my bus mate gets no mentions..his knowledge of renowns was renowned.

• Like 2

Colin Street this one !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, catfan said:

Colin Street this one !

Collin Street? 

• Upvote 1

Broad Marsh.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, IAN123. said:

Was it Beekay that piloted these 43's?1965-Nottm-Mkt-Sq-Trolleybus.jpgSlab Square '65.

No Ian, by 1965 I was driving up at Bilborough depot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Sorry folks..could'nt resist.2218924957-f0c72e3849-b.jpg

Ian, not a Renown though, an ex East Yorkshire  Motor Services AEC Bridgemaster. The small window in front of the entrance is the give away clue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catfan said:

Broad Marsh.

Yes Catfan I know that COLLIN Street is by Broad Marsh ;)

Slip of the halo possibly Lizzie.

Mr & Mrs Perfect ??

Don't think so.

• Like 1

Trent Bridge Depot !

• Like 2

Yes, those are doors directly facing the chip shop. Kicked many a football up against the shutters, that's before those swing doors were added, the scabby bit of partition wasn't there either. We used to muck about in there until we got chased out. Down behind those buses out the other end on the left were the scrap bays. We used to furtle out the wheel bearing races, crack them open and use the ball bearings for marbles.

• Like 2

Great how we use the word scabby..real Nottm. Catfan tells me Roger Peatman and his crew had these and all running serial numbers..purring like pussycats...down at TBD...Bulwell ones were thrashed then?

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 11:27 PM, IAN123. said:

Great how we use the word scabby..real Nottm. Catfan tells me Roger Peatman and his crew had these and all running serial numbers..purring like pussycats...down at TBD...Bulwell ones were thrashed then?

540 -571 were allocated to Trent Bridge from new. As the timings on the West Bridgford services were somewhat generous, they didn't need to be thrashed. All that changed in October 1977, when they were linked with the Basford and Bulwell routes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Nice Daimler this.9c9ff4669da75ee08d8defad1bbaa93f-double-

50 was unique, in being fitted with the BET style windscreen and the Atlantean style lower panels following front end damage received in 1969

• Like 1

Thanks Deepdene. Catfan was telling about those running numbers at TB..something else about a delayed order..so NCT went elsewhere...very interesting...i think this info is vital..ian.

What happened to the one halfway down the line at Netherfield rail crossings..hush!!