rob237

Buses in Nottingham

All aboard for Wollaton..16936731087-2ea70dd192-b.jpg80 RTO..mid seventies climbing Derby Rd. past Butlers office & supplies.

If this were a 44...it would be blurred!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IAN123. said:

What year did NCT pull those AEC's?

Ian, the Regent Vs went in 1976 and the Renowns in 1977. The Leyland Titan PD2/40s also went in 1976.

• Like 2

A bad year !!

• Like 1

Loved the sound of those Leylands..if my memory serves me right...i got the 45 outside the Elite...to get to Lenton Park..the growl were great!

• Like 2

Begs the question...were buses selected for areas..taking gearboxes etc..into consideration..i know i was small then..but don't recall those Leylands on a 17 or 44.

• Like 1

The Leylands were used on 17s, as they were allocated to the Bestwood routes, 6, 17, 18 28, 49 and 64s before the arrival of the first Fleetlines. You wouldn't have seen them on 44s as they were never allocated to Bulwell depot

• Like 2

1972..South Sherwood StNCT207820in20-Nottingham201970s-zpsgc6hh.unusual place..tells me it's for Goose Fair or a Special?

The 33or 88 is taking passengers outside what was The Empire..the demolition reveals the fire steps to The County Hotel and Theatre Royal.

Went to see  the play Sleuth about this time..Richard Johnson stepped out on such a gantry during the show.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IAN123. said:

1972..South Sherwood StNCT207820in20-Nottingham201970s-zpsgc6hh.unusual place..tells me it's for Goose Fair or a Special?

The 33or 88 is taking passengers outside what was The Empire..the demolition reveals the fire steps to The County Hotel and Theatre Royal.

Went to see  the play Sleuth about this time..Richard Johnson stepped out on such a gantry during the show.

Ian, way earlier on this thread, Catfan posed the same question. The first Saturday Park 'n' Ride service from Forest Recreation Ground to South Sherwood Street started in 1972 and was numbered 303. The only problem was that at this time all NCT buses only had two track number blinds so couldn't show 303, and 33 was commonly used.

• Like 2

Renowns were mustard on hills ! Up or down.

• Like 2

A rather mucky renown entering Collin St.The 75 badly needs the suds.images-16.jpg

• Like 2

& the fog lights taken out too, cost cutting !

• Like 1

Yes, i noticed that Catfan..still a nice motor..got a photo of one turned into a house.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, IAN123. said:

3707725397-f3a2213194.jpgHold tight!..Catfans about!..the 50 tanking down Woodborough Rd.

Very unusual to see an NCT vehicle in service with its door open. Something I always associated with being at the seaside.

• Like 2

Strictly verboten & illegal too.

• Like 1