rob237

Buses in Nottingham

To the very best of my knowledge, yes. When I started on Corpo in 1962, the summer jackets were like a lime green or pale green anyway. When they changed over in 64'  the summer jacket was like camel/taupe colour with green epaulettes and green cuffs. Lots of us being late teenagers used to roll our sleeves up to impress the ladies. Some even wore their summer jackets in winter !!

Bit of useless information to above. When we became a full crew, I bought a quart Thermos flask so we could have drink during the shift. It served us well with coffee, at least two & half cups each. Still got that flask 55 years later ! Still working perfectly. :yahoo:

Beekay did that flask have a tartan print on the outside?

I had a similar one with a wide mouth that you could put really chunky soup or chipolata sausages and beans in.

Great on a cold winters day when fishing.

Did you subscribe to milk in the flask or one who insisted that the milk be added separately, in our case from a Camp coffee bottle.

Hi Oz., had a look in the cupboard and the pattern is like a light blue background with little stars pattern all over it. We only ever used to make coffee to take to work, (we took it in turns) I used to make it in a jug, complete with milk and sugar. Only ever used it since to carry hot water when on long car journeys for fresh tea. Do use it when we have a threat of power cut to store boiling water, especially during storms. It's not a food flask so doesn't have wide mouth. B

• Like 1

e56c32789e91e52adca2b0699f9acf20.jpg

Bit like swingers this!...snapped ouside the Corner Pin...Miltons was a top boozer by all accounts..mate o' mine bought the mirrors- still in his Restaurant today. Anyroad-the 20 and 36 are featured.

• Like 5

50NAU had already had major front end repairs prior to the photo shown. As you will note it has a BET style front windscreen and lower panels in the same style as Fleetlines 95-159

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

40154851474-d8142848ba.jpg

PTO 521G up on Shelford Rd. Taken around '69?

Not 1969, it has the "drop box" for the exact fare ticket system introduced around 1973 (?) and is in the revised livery from about 1978/9.

• Like 5