rob237

Buses in Nottingham

This was the time of the Zone and Collar traffic scheme and the NCT fleet was at an all time high of 494 buses. Hence the need for extra depot space.

• Like 4

Can confirm that it is Langford Road, Arnold

Dodgy brakes, understatement, this batch 501 - 522, were well know for brake fade

• Like 3

Love this...trying to recall if it was the gifted Roy Marshall that took this.RH-2930-1000x1000.jpgex Oxford...at Wallaces.

• Like 4

Broad marsh

Rog

Bit of Bilborough too..

i was building on Howbeck during the Bus Wars...stuck to the ' green & cream' though.

• Like 1

Don't know the exact numbers, but 15 or so AEC Renowns and half a dozen of the ETO-C registered Leyland Atlanteans went to Bedlington & District.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IAN123. said:

207 in the drizzle

I was disappointed when I saw this picture Ian as I was expecting a photo of the Mansfield District Traction 207 service from Mansfield to Bilsthope/Eakring. Not NCT fleet No 207, running route 61 to Clifton Estate, but still a good photo

• Like 1

Sorry Tom..hope this acts as an apology..RAL-974.jpgChatting to a retired Mansfield driver recently.

• Like 2

Thanks Ian, caught that one many times when going fishing in Newark and the 209 to Fiskerton

Proper bus, the picture might have been taken on the stand as it looks like Mansfield Station in the background

• Like 1

Newark bus running day,Celebrating the centenary of W Gash and sons Saturday 13th July,Newark town center 10am to 4 pm,Lincs roadcar vintage buses are running  free local sevices, a chance to get some of those rare pictures

Rog

Brand new busses on the 17 route today, comfortable and smell nice. :flyswat:

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Society Club..136 NAL.

That one has got a ding in the roof dome, anyone we know?

• Like 1

You reminded me Fly when you mentioned "Smell nice too" went on a Brylain bus out here from Lincoln to Boston and back, I thought they had a toilet on board judging by the smell of the thing,found out later the bus was used as a school bus first thing in the morning to get the little darlings to school and they just have a pee behind the seats,Only in Lincolnshire

Rog

• Upvote 1

opposite the "big shops"

Rog

• Like 1