rob237

Buses in Nottingham

14 hours ago, plantfit said:

I can remember the one near the top of Farnborough road as mentioned,also the one opposite Fairham school (was that the 60 or 67) and the one on Southchurch drive opposite the library (was that the 61,61A or 67?) think there might have been one on Geen lane somewhere near an electric company building (I think)

Rog

Rog, the one opposite Fairham School, would have been the 61A terminus, shown in the timetables as Glenloch Drive. The 61 was on Southchurch Drive opposite the library, whilst the 67 was on Green Lane, shown in the timetables as Langstrath Road.

• Like 3

Apologies for varying from the bus theme..the first of the last two pic's is confusing..left of the bus .. surely Market St? the white & brown building layout little individual windows, I have no recollection of..do recall a old fashioned tobacconist.

Second picture, one of only two toilet's, the other being Broad March (Horrendous Smell) that I used on a regular basis! Both had attendants if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Outside my family connection, this is in my top 5 Nottingham pictures!

• Like 2

Foulds didn't have a music shop in Nottingham as late as 80's. Unless you mean 1880's). They had finished in Nottingham long before I went into pianos in 1973. They just had the one shop in Derby by then, as now.

• Like 1

Sure it was Fould's music shop on Market St in 1983. Could be a name I picked up from an older relative I suppose. My Daughter calls John Lewis, Jessops! Brings up the question if it wasn't Fould's, what was it?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, catfan said:

All bus termini had a clock Rog.

Strange that you should say that, i can't recall seeing a clock at the tollbridge terminus in all the time that I caught the bus to school and home !!. For whatever reason, my mind won't let me picture one.

• Like 1

Funny i only recall some clocks..one outside the Elite...Maid Marian Way...behind ABC. Maybe the 40 terminus at Wells Rd. Like Waddo my mind was on other things..the lovely AEC whine for one thing.

• Like 2

Was there one at the 45 terminus at Trent Embankment? Vague memories from my schooldays!

• Like 2

Every terminus had one along with other timing points. Funnily enough those clocks weren't very accurate !

• Like 1

Yep ! Wollaton Rd.

Trent Bridge..hold tight!4816457538-7e3bd1b79a-b.jpgDAU 361C...was this one a 'goer' Mick?

• Like 5

Only average youth. But nice light steering & that beautiful AEC whine. 

• Like 2

The fog lights were later taken off along with that support bar. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, IAN123. said:

Think i need help..clueless on this one!25967551807-b9d9047045-b.jpgRise Park?

When these were brand new they had a number blind in the rear window, soon to be removed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Totongirl said:

When these were brand new they had a number blind in the rear window, soon to be removed.

Totongirl, I don't think these did have number blinds at the back, but certainly the earlier Atlanteans and Fleetlines did. You could tell where they had been removed as NCT painted over the blind aperture with matt black paint. Of this particular batch, 520 was fitted with number blinds in the lower part of the front door panel glass, but it didn't catch on as this was too vulnerable to damage. The batch of Fleetlines 160-184 had a side muber indicator above the passenger window between the entrance and exit doors.

• Like 3

Nice info Deepdene..as pictured here:31998314234-6480a9d420-b.jpg520 turning onto Parlo.

• Like 3

Yes they did DDB trouble was young kids would mess about the winders & change the destination numbers.

• Like 2

Learn summat new nearly every day on this manor!15035477568-516be56b29-b.jpgPTO 520G...nice angled stripes.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, catfan said:

Yes they did DDB trouble was young kids would mess about the winders & change the destination numbers.

I thought they did, and I'm sure the single deckers PTO707G-712 did as well.

• Like 1

I'll check with Dad, when I ring him tomorrow. I was only four when these were delivered but I haven't see any photos with rear numbers on 501-522 or 707-712. If any Nottstalgians out there have such a photo, please do not hesitate to post it.

• Like 3