I remember stamp collecting when I was younger, although I didn't keep it going for very long.

And back then I also had a massive collection of Dinky/Corgi/Matchbox models....including many buses.  If I still had that lot now they'd be worth quite a bit.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

A man has to have many hobbies/interests just to keep sane these days, escapism is the name of the game

P1090153.jpg

Rog

I've been trying ecapism from 'er indoor for years. Still stuck, here though. Not only that but since buying the air fryers, i've ended up doing all the cooking. Where's the justice?

• Like 1

I have Dinky/ Matchbox model steel car left from the early 70s its a Cortina hidden somewhere in my toolbox. I made model aeroplanes when i was kid out of balsa wood with small petrol engines i still have the scars on my knuckles.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IAN FINN said:

I have Dinky/ Matchbox model steel car left from the early 70s its a Cortina hidden somewhere in my toolbox. I made model aeroplanes when i was kid out of balsa wood with small petrol engines i still have the scars on my knuckles.

Same here Ian, a 1950's (roughly) N gauge Dinky loco and carriages and balsa wood rubber band powered Hurricane

P1100054.jpg

P1090983.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

My ma once said to me when I was off swimming down the Trent, with my pals, " Be careful and don't come running back 'ere if ya get drowned".

• Like 1

new stuff called "Eze Dope" now, non toxic substitute to cellulose, water based, don't smell the same though

Rog