I saw Roses Music Inn in West End Arcade (originally top of Alfreton Road) quite recently.

If its gone its only recently gone.

Try Robs record mart nearby

Let us know when you are going to be in Nottingham?

Are you originally from here?

i will be in nottm sometime in the middle of august.i was originally from lancashire, but lived in nottm 1955-1966.then moved to canada, been here ever since. visit nottm for a couple of days every two years.gord (the dude from niagara)

ps thanks for the information

Selectadisc unfortunately closed down a few years ago, due to the fact that kids now go for downloading - if they are interested in music at all.

So if you are looking for something a bit obscure or rare, there aren't any shops left for that kind of thing. That side of things seems to have gone online.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Must admit RR his name didnt mean anything to me,,,but if he emulated Dave Brubeck he'll do for me,,,most of my 60s friends were not into Jazz,,but Brubecks 'Take Five' was something else ,for its day..........remember first hearing it in the Bell'' one sunday lunch time.....................