Inspired by some of the railway chats I've had in here I've used an old notts picture for the sleeve of my bands new album and as the backdrop in the video for the single.

Se if any of you clever dicks recognise the landmarks.

boring%20cover.jpg

Bulwell (GCR) & Bennerley (GNR) viaducts - incidentally love the song, the Beatles type video and the Rickenbacker guitar, great sound. Is it a 330 jetglo?

Bulwell (GCR) & Bennerley (GNR) viaducts - incidentally love the song, the Beatles type video and the Rickenbacker guitar, great sound. Is it a 330 jetglo?

Full marks for railway AND rickenbacker knowledge! Although it's actually a 330/12 Truth be told, although the rickie is my usual guitar of choice, the guitar you hear on this track is a Gibson Les Paul.

Glad you like the tune thanks, and you Mick ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a look at the Face Book page and I am listening to the tracks, all good so far!!

Just one question if I may Dick, the second track on there ( Middle Class Girl) To me it's very Elvis Costello influenced, but just which of his tracks does it remind me of ?? particularly the opening / closing couplet girl ,girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, !!

Help put an ageing music fan out of his misery !

Ta Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a look at the Face Book page and I am listening to the tracks, all good so far!!

Just one question if I may Dick, the second track on there ( Middle Class Girl) To me it's very Elvis Costello influenced, but just which of his tracks does it remind me of ?? particularly the opening / closing couplet girl ,girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, !!

Help put an ageing music fan out of his misery !

Ta Ian

Thanks Ian. Having pondered upon your Costello comparison I can only think of "The other side of summer" which has a similar call and response style ;-)

Full marks for railway AND rickenbacker knowledge! Although it's actually a 330/12 Truth be told, although the rickie is my usual guitar of choice, the guitar you hear on this track is a Gibson Les Paul.

Glad you like the tune thanks, and you Mick ;-)

What a small world!

I've just spent a few hours with one of your 'Fab' band mates who's been a mate of mine for nearly 43 years - have a guess who.

• 1 month later...

Hang on a min, I've just looked at your profile. Your DOB is closer to Tony's. And you're a Beatles fan, could you be Chris? he of the huge Beatles collection?

Bang on, although I'd call it a modest collection.

My 150+ Beatles and related 7"s might be classed as modest, but I hear you've been tempted into the world of collecting all the apple stuff. Far from modest if you've got all that stuff too! We're you tempted to put in a bid for that King of Fuh single that turned up on ebay recently?

Anybody wanna buy a copy of "Please Please me " (Album) on the original gold label (First pressing) ....................LOL

My 150+ Beatles and related 7"s might be classed as modest, but I hear you've been tempted into the world of collecting all the apple stuff. Far from modest if you've got all that stuff too! We're you tempted to put in a bid for that King of Fuh single that turned up on ebay recently?

Don't listen to Tony, it is, believe me modest. Yes I have most of the Apple stuff except the Brute Force single and 3 mono albums - all of which are too expensive for me to buy. I'll have to try to come and see the Fab's sometime it's been a while.

Anybody wanna buy a copy of "Please Please me " (Album) on the original gold label (First pressing) ....................LOL

Dick James or Northern songs?

Mono or Stereo?

It's up in the loft and I can't remember the answer to the first (I think it's Dick James , I assume that's who does the right up on the sleeve ?)

Unfortunately it's Mono still worth a few quid though !

(I think it's Dick James , I assume that's who does the right up on the sleeve ?)

The label on he LP was printed with either 'Northern Songs Ltd' or 'Dick James Mus Co' as the music publishers during its print run on the Gold Label as below.

2beatles-please-please-me-mono-pmc1202-black-gold-label.jpgpcs3042_k.jpg

After the McCartney-Lennon print on songs 1 & 2 you can see the difference.

The mono catalogue number is PMC 1202 - as above

The stereo catalogue number is PCS 3042

Hope this helps!

Do you know if there is there any difference in the value between the two ?

(I know there is a gulf of difference between Mono and Stereo)

The Northern Songs is the rarer as it was a very short run second press. But to get top dollar it must be in excellent nick. To gauge the price ebay is his best way.