G'day Cobber.

Tony here in Australia. It.s flaming hot and dry as a dead dingos donger!..That aside I would like to say Hi to Nottingham. I moved away in 77 to live in Devon. Then onward to Oz. I would love to talk to any one about the old days. And meet new friends. On ya. Tony

Welcome Tony. Doubt I knew you in England, but our paths may have crossed in Oz - I spent several weeks in Adelaide back in the late 80's doing some work at the power station in Port Adelaide. We stayed in Brighton and had a great time. Best memories were of a brew-pub in the Port - and it's associated restaurant. I believe it is still there!

I left the U.K. in 1976 and finished up in the States after two years in South Africa.

I think you will like what you find here - all sorts of amazing stuff, and very possibly somebody who knows you!

Well..I'll go to the foot of our stairs!..I live just over the Birken head bridge! Largs north. The Port has changed a bit. Lots of town houses and fancy shops..Brighton is still Brighton though..But you should see Glenelg! and the tram gos all the way to the West End brewery now. Good to here from you mate.

G'day Tony, spent ten years down under, mostly in NSW. We did a tour one Christmas, ended up in Adelaide on a Sunday, Christ!! it was dead!!!

Yep...That's Adelaide mate...Stll the same But we are the murder capital of australia!. Snow Town just up the road they found 7 bodys in barrles in a bank volt!..sorry about the spelling i have dislexsia

That was the first Xmas with the new missus, mid 80's. We stayed in Nuriootpa, did the tour of the wineries, then south to the Blue Lake, cut across country to Victoria, went through Ned Kelley country and stayed in the premier fortified wine district of Victoria, had some great ports sherries etc, then headed home to Bathurst. Must have covered a couple of thousand miles in less than three weeks!

I was scanning negatives of that tour the other day, brought back some memories!!

We even went to visit the extinct volcanoes not too far from Mt Gambier.

Hi tony,

We live in Devon now since 88 Salcombe, Kingsbridge, and now Newton Abbot after leaving Notts. I spent 6 Years in Canada in my youth.

I only recently Joined this happy breed and am having some fun. Just tackled the Brake pads all round on my good old Rover 75 . Stiil have a go at stuff at 79.

Cheers Danny 333

Morning Tony,

Welcome aboard! unionflag

Tell us about yourself! Whereabouts in Nottingham did you live? When? What school/job?

I`ll bet lots of us share your Nottingham memories.

G'day mate.

I lived in Westward Ho! and worked in Biddiford and Exiter as well as Barnstable. We uesed to go down to Bude as well. I would love to go back and see...um the pubs!

Hi.

I lived at 7 Burnside rd Bilbough estate from 63 to 73 then 85 Graylands rd Bilbough 73 to 77. Then moved to Devon. My Father Frank worked in the mines as did my brother Terry.

I went to Portland junior school then William Sharp before moving. I was good friends with the Askham famaly.

I would love to talk to any one who lived around the Bilbogough estate in the 70's. Remember the COOP and the pubs. Like the Gondla or the Baloon. The Hemlock stone? !cheers!

• 2 weeks later...