One of our sites were broken into last week. It always amazes me what mess they make and what risks these people go to to steal so little. I mean how much can you get for nicked coffee?

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chav Prayer.   Our Father who are in prison Mother knows not his name. Thy chavdom come thy shoplifting be done in Wilko’s as it is in  Poundland. Give us this

Some good points made here.  I believe there is at least one other issue and that is relativistic education.   'If it seems right to you it is ok'   Absolutes are a thing of the past, and we

Catfan,  What you are saying is so true but I also blame the deterioration of the family unit and of neighborhoods. When I was growing up I was as bad as most and at times, I admit marginally cri

Half the going rate mostly......so 10 jars at £6....£30, ......2 more hits,,they would be on £90 per day not bad in the nineties,,.................Gillette razors were/are expensive bag full of them   £100..........,we had travelling gangs earning a fortune,, 2 gangs from Aspley/Strelley would operate on a 15 mile radius of Nottingham........

• Like 1
16 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Keeps you in a job, eh?, Ben.  I bet the guy never expected that.  Your sin will find you out.  ;)

It certainly did Loppy and got a real buzz from it,, sometimes (and it was mostly evenings when they struck) we used to go out as a team and were very 'Pro-active' we used to go looking for em,,   great times..............

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

It certainly did Loppy and got a real buzz from it,, sometimes (and it was mostly evenings when they struck) we used to go out as a team and were very 'Pro-active' we used to go looking for em,,   great times..............

Were you in the Police?

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Half the going rate mostly......so 10 jars at £6....£30, ......2 more hits,,they would be on £90 per day not bad in the nineties,,.................Gillette razors were/are expensive bag full of them   £100..........,we had travelling gangs earning a fortune,, 2 gangs from Aspley/Strelley would operate on a 15 mile radius of Nottingham........

Point I was making was that if you get caught you’d end up in prison for 100 pounds and if you’re doing it often enough to make living you’re going to get caught. Spending the next 5 years as “Tyrones” prom date might keep one regular but it would sure bring water to the eyes 

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Point I was making was that if you get caught you’d end up in prison for 100 pounds and if you’re doing it often enough to make living you’re going to get caught. 

Very seldom any got Prison sentences ,,only if violence was involved,,

7 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Very seldom any got Prison sentences ,,only if violence was involved,,

Not here. Now it might take forever to get caught and to motivate the police even if you have clear video. But once they do and particularly if the perp is a minority they are finished. Unfortunately once they come out they have little alternative but to carry on thieving as it is very difficult for them to get any sort of job. Nearly every employer, including the governments require background checks. 

• Like 1

Life time crooks & thieves need a dose of Sharia Law, nothing else will work. 

Too much namby pamby liberal snowflake thinkers in this country.

The Snowflakes would soon change their attitude if they were burgled  / robbed in the street a few times etc.

• Like 2

Mostly just 'fines' Martyn,,if they were perpetual some times Community service,,....but similar here regarding getting a job so they carry on. shame really as some of them start very young and are then trapped into that way of life

Shari Law eh,,      be careful what you wish,, Beheadings,,public flogging,,Stoning for adultery,,no rights for women,,the list goes on,,

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Mostly just 'fines' Martyn,,if they were perpetual some times Community service,,....but similar here regarding getting a job so they carry on. shame really as some of them start very young and are then trapped into that way of life

I agree, whatever happened to commit the crime do the time and paid my debt to society etc - ruins their lives forever 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Shari Law eh,,      be careful what you wish,, Beheadings,,public flogging,,Stoning for adultery,,no rights for women,,the list goes on,,

You and me are on the same page 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Martyn: no ..not a Policeman, Major Domo boots always suited Wranglers better than a pair of dockers.

I didn't wear skinners either...was a Notts supporter..that shameful look was Trent End gear..Mine was Double Denim from the jeans w/hse in 

Calverton.

Sorta Baycity Rollers with black and white instead of tartan - did you have the scarf around you wrist?

• Like 2

The judicial system in this country is an absolute joke. Thieves get caught & go straight from court & commit further crimes knowing full well nothing if much will ever stop them. There is absolutely no deterrent is this country to keep criminals from reoffending.

Benjamin makes some very valid points when he comments that they know him & he knows them ! re previous experience, but they are still thieving on a regular basis many years later.

No deterrent whatsoever.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, catfan said:

The judicial system in this country is an absolute joke. Thieves get caught & go straight from court & commit further crimes knowing full well nothing if much will ever stop them. There is absolutely no deterrent is this country to keep criminals from reoffending.

Benjamin makes some very valid points when he comments that they know him & he knows them ! re previous experience, but they are still thieving on a regular basis many years later.

No deterrent whatsoever.

Catfan, 

What you are saying is so true but I also blame the deterioration of the family unit and of neighborhoods. When I was growing up I was as bad as most and at times, I admit marginally criminal. If the local Bobby (who we all knew) or a neighbor told my Dad or my Mam that they even suspected, never mind knew that it was, me who had perpetrated some infraction i would not only be thrashed, I would have to serve some sort of penance imposed upon me by my Dad that I had to carry out at the scene of the crime. Later, when I was older my most aggressive supporter in terms of references and making calls on my behalf was Cllr Wilson. I once had to scrape, sandpaper and repaint the outside of his off license as penance. During that time he and his friends got to know and respect me and I got to understand the importance of respecting other people and their property.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, catfan said:

And that lesson did you a world of good.

I blame the Snowflakes !

It did. I still played hard, sometimes a little too hard but it was drilled into me by my family and other people I respected that without the work there was no play.

• Like 1

Some good points made here.  I believe there is at least one other issue and that is relativistic education.   'If it seems right to you it is ok'

Absolutes are a thing of the past, and we are paying the price.  I could be accused of pushing religion here.  That is not my intent.  The Ten Commandments were an excellent foundation for a moral society.  Doesn't matter whether you are a Baptist, a Catholic or an atheist. What's wrong with "Thou shalt not steal.'  Or Thou shalt not kill.'  If our society lived by that, Ben would be out of a job and so would most of the police force.  We would all be better off and our streets would be safer.  However, we mustn't have absolutes, it offends the politically correct.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Some good points made here. . What's wrong with "Thou shalt not steal.'  '  If our society lived by that, Ben would be out of a job 

Cheers Loppy..........thought you were my mate........lol

• Like 1