I attended PCFE from 62 to 66 in the mvmr classes did anyone else attend these classes at the same time.I remember MMW was changing as i had to walk PCFE to Mount st.to catch the bus to Nuhall.When i passed my driving in 64 i could park on MMW outside the main entrance to PCFE doubt if you could that today.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Maid Marian Way Before-and-After, with three reference points which have survived; the bandstand in the Castle; St Nicholas' church; the old Radio Trent building.

What these pictures of MMW fail to do, unfortunately, is to give any idea of the proximity of the Castle. Non-Nottinghamians may not realise that only a few metres away are buildings of major historic

There's no doubt that someone was determined to ruin Nottingham and they certainly succeeded. Had they been prevented, we'd now have a city to rival York and Chester. Sheer vandalism!

Just been looking at the photos of Maid Marian Way construction on the Post website.

I only have two words for what the cretins in the council did bloody vandals.

Definition of a vandal "A person that deliberately destroys or damages property belonging to others"

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, radfordred said:

Nottingham City Council should be done for criminal damage.

St. Nicholas' Rectory Castle Gate 1957

I think you’ll find that those councillors who made such decisions are long dead.

• Like 1

No. Collin Street doesn't exist any longer. Through traffic can't operate around there now.

From the bottom end of MMW, all the through traffic (nowhere near as much as there used to be) is diverted up Wilford Road and then turn left along what used to be the top half of Queen's Drive. Then down the side of the railway station along Queen's Road. That brings you out on London Road, and then you go left towards the Lace Market or right towards Trent Bridge. Massive extra mileage along roads which can't handle the volume of traffic.

So there's not much point in going down MMW in the first place.

Also the flow for traffic has been reversed  where the white car and van are in the pic above to allow vehicles exiting the car park to go to the south, otherwise they'd have had to go up MMW to the roundabout and back down the other side.

3 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

Also the flow for traffic has been reversed  where the white car and van are in the pic above to allow vehicles exiting the car park to go to the south

Ah that's what confused me,thanks.