Forest v Notts

Surpised that none of the Notts or Forest Nottstalgians have commented as yet upon the first Nottingham derby for seventeen long years :)

Anyway as I write, Notts have a shock lead after a sixteenth-minute goal by Edwards. I wonder if there is a surprise on the cards tonight?

A nice touch before the game was a joint statement from both clubs urging the fans to avoid trouble after the game tonight, considering last night's activities in St. Ann's and the city centre, and to report any trouble sighted.

EDIT: Forest have just equalised through McGugan - game on!

Didn't I just post this ??...................LOL

(I put a bit in the "Well done Nott's thread Stu !)

• 4 years later...

What row were they all on RR?

It was a good workout for both teams and I wish Notts and Forest well for the new season. I've attached a Nottingham Post article showing the goals

and a full Match Report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/watch-highlights-of-nottingham-forest-s-2-1-victory-over-notts-county/story-29543874-detail/story.html

Thanks Michael, let's get geared up for a successful season for both clubs, then hopefully we'll all be happy.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Found this on a Notts County forum today. Couldn’t resist posting it here because I found it so funny. 
I'm sure Forest fans could easily modify it for their own amusement.

Here we go.

A few years back before a Notts County- Nottingham Forest derby, Ian McParland goes into the Magpies changing room to find the team looking a bit glum. 'What’s up?” he asks.

“Well, we’re having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it’s important but it’s only Forest and we can’t be bothered, we always beat them”.

Charlie looks at them and says, “I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub.”

So Charlie goes out to play for the Pies by himself and the rest of the Notts team go off for a few beers.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the television on.

A big cheer goes up as the screen reads
“Notts County 1 - Forest 0 (McParland 10 minutes - a header - from a corner!)”

a few more pints and the game is forgotten until someone remembers why they are there
“It must be full time now, let’s see how he got on.” They put the teletext on.

“Result from Meadow Lane: Notts County 1 (McParland 10 minutes) – Nottingham Forest 1 (Cole 89 minutes).”

They can’t believe it; he has single-handedly gotten a draw!! They rush back to Meadow Lane to congratulate him.

They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. He says, “I’ve let you down, I’ve let you down.”

“Don’t be daft, you got a draw, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end!” the players say.

To which Charlie replies: “No, No, I have... I’ve let you down… I got sent off after 12 minutes

• Like 2