Trouble in Nottingham tonight

Article on BT Yahoo News today-

"Iranian foreign ministry on Wednesday issued a travel warning for its citizens not to visit Britain.

It is requested that Iranian citizens not travel to Britain in the current situation and if there is a necessity for the trip to avoid the restive areas," said the statement on the ministry's website.

http://uk.news.yahoo...ice-served.html

First riot-related eviction notice served

A council tenant whose son has appeared in court in connection with the London riots is the first in the country to have been given an eviction notice, Wandsworth Council has said.

From today, the pair who remain unnamed for legal reasons face the prospect of losing their council-owned home after the son was connected to the violence in Clapham Junction on Monday night.

Went into kimberley last night for a drink. the place was swamped with police (3 riot vans plus)outside The Queens head. Apparently it was the funeral of a well known young local man, the son of the guy in prison for the murder above the Kimberley post office some months ago. We beat a hasty retreat back to the Royal oak watnall, where we listened to Smooth radio haha!!

Every City and small town in the UK is the same.

You have to ask yourself one question?

When there are no riots, where are all these officers?

Every City and small town in the UK is the same.

Unfortunately Mick you are right, and it has been the same for years.

I remember in 1980 when my family and I moved to a "sleepy" little village in Kent called Edenbridge.

The local police came round and advised my wife not to venture into the centre of the village alone on a Saturday night as there were quite a lot of undesirables who frequented the bars in the centre of the village.

You are right about the level of criminal activity.

I was refering to the amount of Police cover for every area at the moment, and why they can not supply the same level of resources under normal circumstances?

I was refering to the amount of Police cover for every area at the moment, and why they can not supply the same level of resources under normal circumstances?

Isn't it to do with cost?

The Police secretly quite like this kind of thing occasionally, because they see it in terms of accumulating overtime payments. A few nights of inconvenience will pay for next years holiday, or that new conservatory.

There seem have been a number of "riot" instances which unfortunately are every week events. Take the foreign student who was mugged / robbed - such happens without any riots taking place. There have been reports of shops being looted whilst open, isn't that shop lifting. The previous week three shops were set on fire in North Yorkshire, that was arson but if it happened this week...

Sorry to disagree with you Mike, but every city and small town is not the same.

On Monday night we were in Skeggy, on Tuesday night we were in Aberdeen, and on Wednesday night we were in Lerwick. None of these places will have the rioting that occurred in the English cities last week.

The reason? The elephant in the room.

• 2 weeks later...