Cars what I've owned

Your MG Magnette was first registered in 1956 but sadly no longer is recorded at the DVLA.

The DVLA records show there are 78 known 1956 examples of which 21 are SORN'ed as off the road. 67 are not SORN'ed and presumably still on the road.

They were a good car, but hideous to work on.

Amazing Bro

Where did you get that info.

Heres my previous vehicles

in reverse order

M399 LRP Seat Cordoba

A909 ENN Vauxhall Nova SR

BTJ 55J MG Midget

BEA 104M Morris Marina 1.8

XNY 797H Hillman Imp.

Spent a while looking through that site.

Wasnt there a site that you could put the reg number in to find out if the car was stil regd?

Ebay had something?

Thanks Bro

Sold in 1995?

The vehicle details for A909 ENN are:

Date of Liability 01 10 1998

Date of First Registration 21 03 1984

Year of Manufacture 1984

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1297CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLACK

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £71.50

12 Months Rate £130.00

Thats sad because it was a lovely car real leather seats and walnut dash. My Dad had a Mayflower reg nu was NND 173 this was 2 tone silver grey and black

My dad's first car was a Ford Prefect (100E) TTV 915

iremember one of my uncles had a Bentley with big coach lights i used to love riding around in it

Ford Thunderbird 429cuin or 6864cc with the sequential indicators...

I drive one regularly when I'm in Florida - it belongs to my father-in-law, but I prefer his 1939 Buick Century - straight eight, 350cu in, three on the tree!

That T-bird, as my dad would have said, will pass anything except a petrol station!

post-477-0-50794800-1314041788_thumb.jpg

I drive one regularly when I'm in Florida - it belongs to my father-in-law, but I prefer his 1939 Buick Century - straight eight, 350cu in, three on the tree!

That T-bird, as my dad would have said, will pass anything except a petrol station!

post-477-0-50794800-1314041788_thumb.jpg

My T bird was way better on petrol than the Jag i owned

I would get 20 mpg compared to 14 for the Jag the T bird had a freewheel transmission that if you lifted off the accel it just coasted

I did take it for a MOT full of petrol & when i picked it up it was empty & when i say empty i ran out about 400 yds from the MOT place ,They either syphoned it or drove it all day & dummy me didnt look at the guage as i had just filled it that morning.

• 5 months later...

As l worked for General Motors of Canada l always got a discount on G.M. vehicles sometimes l had 4 cars a year.For a few years l ran Suburbans.This is a '97 down in Florida in January of that year.

• 4 years later...

Found these the other day I loved my Mini van did it up fitting new A panels bottom door repair panels repaired a great big hole in the floor well with a roofing slate & bitumen I went like a rocket fitted with a 1275GT engine I could take corners @ 80 with the wheel spaces it like a wedge of cheese, sliding windows & draw string to open the doors, once took 10 lads to an away match in Sheff had to remove the front Cobra seat to get them all in, eventually the exhaust fell off & I still drove it for about 6 months it used to set all those pendulum car alarms off, sold it to a youth who looked about 13 for 60 quid, thats my daughter in both pictures she is now 28!

Anyone know where this picture was taken?

P1090632_zpsijlzcpqw.jpg

P1090626_zpszdcevy4i.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Cars what I've owned

Quick tot-up and I’ve owned 15. Used to change car every couple of years, but had the current one for seven years so far, with no plan to change it for the foreseeable future.

Although if I added the hire cars I’ve driven for work, the total would probably be a hundred or more.

I think I’m on number 14 and unless I really dig my heels in I’ll be getting number 15 imminently.  I always love whatever car I own and never want to change it but my husband has other ideas.  He changes his car about every 12-18 months and has had some beauties but it does my head in.