Starting at the top.On the corner, a policeman lived with his daughter, all I remember is ,thay had pet mice, that they would ride in a train set..on the right hand side, a Terrace, a family called King, Stephen.The Clements Family,

No. 18, John Cook.

No.20, The Moore Family, John/Geoffrey/Alan/& Stephen.

22.? 24-The Lye Family,Donald&?

26-Think it was Audrey popple.

28-? 30-? 32-Jennifer Chesterman.

34-Edna Everlyn.(She taught my sister to play the piano when she was only 4 yrs old)

36.ME, my sister Anne, Mum n Dad.The Jones's.

38-Mrs Hadden.

40-on the corner, 3 older lads?

Then, down the side street, Dennis Wright/The Bramley family/The Groves Family/Sheila Tansley- brother Teddy-Boy Tansley/Ian Smith-we called him *LittleChef* he worked at County Hotel, Notts/back to Deabill St.

40-Glenis Ringham, I think?.

42-The Hindson Family-Pauline-Lillian-Mary/Patricia Beryl/Pamela Anne/Michael/Martin. her Mum said, M for monkeys/p for pests..44. not sure? Stephen Merritt...(other side listed seperately)

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting at the top.On the corner, a policeman lived with his daughter, all I remember is ,thay had pet mice, that they would ride in a train set..on the right hand side, a Terrace, a family called Ki

Deabill Street.odd number side- Sue Furr/David Furr. Dave Woods. Stephen Slattery. Elaine Smith/Keith Smith/ cant remember anymore. Down a side Road, Arthur & Robert ?. I know Arthur had a B

Starting at the top.On the corner, a policeman lived with his daughter, all I remember is ,thay had pet mice, that they would ride in a train set..on the right hand side, a Terrace, a family called King, Stephen.The Clements Family,

No. 18, John Cook.

No.20, The Moore Family, John/Geoffrey/Alan/& Stephen.

22.? 24-The Lye Family,Donald&?

26-Think it was Audrey popple.

28-? 30-? 32-Jennifer Chesterman.

34-Edna Everlyn.(She taught my sister to play the piano when she was only 4 yrs old)

36.ME, my sister Anne, Mum n Dad.The Jones's.

38-Mrs Hadden.

40-on the corner, 3 older lads?

Then, down the side street, Dennis Wright/The Bramley family/The Groves Family/Sheila Tansley- brother Teddy-Boy Tansley/Ian Smith-we called him *LittleChef* he worked at County Hotel, Notts/back to Deabill St.

40-Glenis Ringham, I think?.

42-The Hindson Family-Pauline-Lillian-Mary/Patricia Beryl/Pamela Anne/Michael/Martin. her Mum said, M for monkeys/p for pests..44. not sure? Stephen Merritt...(other side listed seperately)

How old was your sister when she was taught by a 4 year old lol

HI I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU MUST BE SUE. I AM BARBARA CLEMETS OR WAS CLEMENTS YOU WILL FIND I HAVE DONE A FEW POSTS ON DEBIL ST INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY . ONE I WILL NEVER FOORGET IS WHEN ANNE HAD HER GRAND PIANO DELIVERED . AND YOUR COCKATOO.I ONCE BUMPED INTO YOUR MUM IN MABLETHORPE YEARS LATER AND ASKED HER FOR A SIXPENNY MIX WITH BATTER BITS. DID SHE LAUGH WHEN I TOLD HER WHO I WAS. TIMES WERE HARD FOR US ON ETHEL GROVE THE TERRACE WE LIVED ON BUT ALSO A LOT OF GOOD FUN AND FRIENDS

BY THE WAY IT WAS MICK SLATERY HE NOW LIVES ON CHANDOS ST, HE HAD A SISTER SUSAN AND A YOUNGER BROTHER RICHARD. AND I THINK YOU MEAN PETER WOOD WHO WAS FOSTED BY MRS MASON.PETER NOW LIVES IN CANADA I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH HIM.

Deabill Street.odd number side-

Sue Furr/David Furr.

Dave Woods.

Stephen Slattery.

Elaine Smith/Keith Smith/

cant remember anymore.

Down a side Road, Arthur & Robert ?. I know Arthur had a Butchers shop in Carlton when he grew up.

CAN YOU REMEMBER SUE FURS BROTHER ROBERT WHO MY MUM ALWAYS LOOKED AFTER HE HAD DOWNES SYNDROME. JENNIFER UNDERHILL WHO LIVED ON NORMAN ST OR EDDIE WRAGG . VICTOR AND VIOLET BARLOW,AND THIER COSIN JOYCE BARLOW WHO ALL LIVED ON THE OPPOSIT SIDE TO THE HYNSONS. AND COLLIN ELLIS WHO LIVED JUST BELOW THE HYNSONS HIS DAD PLAYED THE ORGAN AT TOP CLUB WHEN YOUR ANNE PLAYED AT BRASSO CLUB . AND I THINK THE STEPHEN YOU MEAN IS STEPHEN EVANSHIS GRAND PARENTS LIVED ON DEBIL ST NEAR THE SLATTERYS. THIER DAUGHTER KATH GOT KNOCKED OFF HER BIKE AND KILLED WHEN WE WERE KIDS SHE HAD A SON MALCOLM WHE LIVED WITH HIS GRAMA AND RODE MOTOR BIKES. HOPE THIS JOGS A FEW MORE MEMORIES FOR YOU SUE . I HAVE MANY MORE.

EV

CAN YOU REMEMBER SUE FURS BROTHER ROBERT WHO MY MUM ALWAYS LOOKED AFTER HE HAD DOWNES SYNDROME. JENNIFER UNDERHILL WHO LIVED ON NORMAN ST OR EDDIE WRAGG . VICTOR AND VIOLET BARLOW,AND THIER COSIN JOYCE BARLOW WHO ALL LIVED ON THE OPPOSIT SIDE TO THE HYNSONS. AND COLLIN ELLIS WHO LIVED JUST BELOW THE HYNSONS HIS DAD PLAYED THE ORGAN AT TOP CLUB WHEN YOUR ANNE PLAYED AT BRASSO CLUB . AND I THINK THE STEPHEN YOU MEAN IS STEPHEN EVANSHIS GRAND PARENTS LIVED ON DEBIL ST NEAR THE SLATTERYS. THIER DAUGHTER KATH GOT KNOCKED OFF HER BIKE AND KILLED WHEN WE WERE KIDS SHE HAD A SON MALCOLM WHE LIVED WITH HIS GRAMA AND RODE MOTOR BIKES. HOPE THIS JOGS A FEW MORE MEMORIES FOR YOU SUE . I HAVE MANY MORE.

Hiya, Yes, I can remember Robert. and Sue Furr very well, she came to visit me about 30yrs ago, and stayed with us, together with her son. She left her husband yrs ago..I think her sons name is Dristan and her married name was Orange.. any more stories.?.I lost touch with everyone when we came here, Alan Moore lives near me now, and brought Johnnie Goodband to see me last week, he lives here now too.

EV

• Like 1

HI I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU MUST BE SUE. I AM BARBARA CLEMETS OR WAS CLEMENTS YOU WILL FIND I HAVE DONE A FEW POSTS ON DEBIL ST INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY . ONE I WILL NEVER FOORGET IS WHEN ANNE HAD HER GRAND PIANO DELIVERED . AND YOUR COCKATOO.I ONCE BUMPED INTO YOUR MUM IN MABLETHORPE YEARS LATER AND ASKED HER FOR A SIXPENNY MIX WITH BATTER BITS. DID SHE LAUGH WHEN I TOLD HER WHO I WAS. TIMES WERE HARD FOR US ON ETHEL GROVE THE TERRACE WE LIVED ON BUT ALSO A LOT OF GOOD FUN AND FRIENDS

BY THE WAY IT WAS MICK SLATERY HE NOW LIVES ON CHANDOS ST, HE HAD A SISTER SUSAN AND A YOUNGER BROTHER RICHARD. AND I THINK YOU MEAN PETER WOOD WHO WAS FOSTED BY MRS MASON.PETER NOW LIVES IN CANADA I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH HIM.

Wow, yes, that was a day when the Piano was delivered, had to crane it through the window upstairs above the chip shop. She sold it some yrs ago..doesnt play at all now..I can remember your Robert coming in the chip shop. he always used to say *six pennuth of chips wiv undreds n undreds of vinegar.*.we did laugh..he was lovely.

I have many memories of the old days in Netherfield and the people who lived on Debil St I still keep in touch with quite a few and also have quite a few contacts from carlton girls school as i organized a few reunions a few years back. i prommised hippo girl ages back that i would contiue my saga of Debil St and its surrounding area and of course the people who lived there.maybe the time has come for me to do this and you could join in with you owm memories and stories.

Wow, yes, that was a day when the Piano was delivered, had to crane it through the window upstairs above the chip shop. She sold it some yrs ago..doesnt play at all now..I can remember your Robert coming in the chip shop. he always used to say *six pennuth of chips wiv undreds n undreds of vinegar.*.we did laugh..he was lovely.

Yes Robert was a nice kid two weeks older than me and mum always had him durring the day from him being a few weeks old when mrs Raven went back to work at Bourns factory mum was really upset when his mum and dad became ill and he had to go into boarding school I often wonder if he is still alive and what he is like now he would be sixty now. but i have got a few scars from him when I tried to do the jobs that he said were his jobs such as setting the tables and handing the pegs to mum when she was hangging the washing out. I can still see him doing that.My order was always a sixpenny mix with batter bits. still love it now sometimes.

My mum always spoke about Robert untill she died.

• 4 months later...

DONT REMEMBER YOUR GRANDFATHER WINDOW CLEANING SORRY THE ONLY WINDOW CLEANER I REMEMBER WAS LEN WITCHURCH WHO ONLY HAD ONE ARM BUT STILL MANAGED TO GET UP AND DOWN THE LADDERS WITH HIS BUCKET ECT. HE CLEANED OUR WINDOWS UNTILL WE MOVED TO LIVE ON CAVENDISH RD.

HE HAD 3 CHILDREN MARGRET JOHN AND GILLIAN THEY LIVED AROUND DUNSTAN ST OR CURSON ST BUT CARNT REMEMBER EXACTLY WERE.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a couple named Bennett who lived on Harrogate Street when we first got married in 1971 and lived in a flat at the corner of Meadow Road and Harrogate Street.

I think that he had been or was a window cleaner and his wife worked with my wifes mother at outside catering events for the Corner House Cafe. Nice couple always pleasant.

HI HILDA REMEMBERED DAVES NAME WHO LIVED NEXT DORE TO THE BROWNS DAVID NOW GO ON YOUR GOING TI TELL ME YES ITS YOU

There was a couple named Bennett who lived on Harrogate Street when we first got married in 1971 and lived in a flat at the corner of Meadow Road and Harrogate Street.

I think that he had been or was a window cleaner and his wife worked with my wifes mother at outside catering events for the Corner House Cafe. Nice couple always pleasant.

Yes they lived at number 7 Harrogate street, You can maybe remember my dad comming up to see them then, Trevor Peck. When my great grandma died we took over the house and we didng finally move out untill 1998.

• Upvote 1