Dancing at the Locarno 1959 - 1962

They agreed we could walk em home.......i went up Teviot with Carol and Columbo took jean to end of andover,,,

I had a snogg with Carol at her gate.....and Columbo tells me he also did at Jeans gate,,,but her Mam came out and cleared him off..........Almost the end of this little Tale now....

Joyce and Liz never turned up on sunday at Trent Bridge,,,but funny enough did see Joyce one more time,,i was working in Marsdens Carlton road about two years later,,,,and she came in Pushing a baby in a pushchair         we had as nice chat   :rolleyes:

My mate Keith Columbo passed away in his 40s i didnt know for a few years i was living away from Nottingham.........Jean i still hear about.....and Carol passes me messages from time to time thru one of my sons.........

Enjoyed writing all that,,,,bit of fun int it  ..hope you liked       

• Like 6
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They agreed we could walk em home.......i went up Teviot with Carol and Columbo took jean to end of andover,,,                  I had a snogg with Carol at her gate.....and Columbo tells me he al

It was the first place for me, and I bet many other teens, where I socialized. As a raw, just out of school and into the big world of Work, teenager, it was Mecca. All the latest songs played, you cou

I think all members who went dancing at the  "  THE VICTORIA "    or   "LOCARNO"   should have 2 minuets silence for the old lady. Bless Her she saw a lot of lovers, boy's trying it on, girls putting

Yes, it was great to read about your exploits Ben!  Had a few similar to them myself!  
However, I won’t be sharing any of them because whereas it’s OK for a man to do so, it’s less so for a woman (even in this enlightened age)

I do like reading your posts, though x

• Like 2

Actually, we fen females are very strong willed, open minded and know our rights!

However, I still think women’s exploits are viewed differently from men’s, in the eyes of many of the older generation.   Having read comments on Nottstalgia over the past 5 years on various controversial subjects, I can see that some  of the people on here are still quite ‘conservative’ in their opinions.

That’s not meant as a particularly negative comment btw .... I’m just saying it as I see it.

• Like 3