Donny Osmond in LE (?)

Maybe I dreamt this but I seem to recall that Donny Osmond (or perhaps another of the Osmonds) did an instore appearance at the Oasis Records store on the High Street in Long Eaton. I believe it would have been in the period 1987 - 1992. My wife doesn't believe me and said "Why would he go to Long Eaton?" which is a valid question I suppose, but it's made me doubt my memory.

So, did I make this up or does anyone else remember it? Did anyone out there get the great man's autograph?

cheers

Richard

great man?

:)

I seem to remember there a small crowd of excitable schoolgirls who went to see him which even at the time I thought was weird because he was well and truly past it by this stage.

Dunno about Donny Osmond - I was long gone by then, but back in the 60's I do remember that one of the cast from Corrie came to LE to open the Tesco!

Not so much past it that he's not still raking it in, at the Flamingo in Las Vegas, he and his sister.

Very true. I think at the particular time when he might have vistited LE though he wasn't at his Vegas stage (hence the fact he was in LE in the first place). :)

I think most of Osmond's face these days is plastic anayway!

I don't get much online time these days - work have cracked right down on internet use.....and I don't have a mobile phone. I actually have to do work now :)