Juventus v Notts County

Surprised there haven't been a few more murmurs in the media and around the messageboards about this occasion. Quite an honour for Notts I should say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/14/notts-county-juventus-friendly-stadium

It's nice to see the Italian giants remember their history (though perhaps a little jarring to think of one or two of the Notts players performing in their new stadium! :)

I saw that one fan commenting on the story in the Post thought it a complete waste of time but I think that's a bit churlish to say the least. There are plenty of wet midweek evenings to be taking on the likes of Rochdale at the Spotland stadium. It will be a fabulous and memorable day for all involved with Notts and an unforgettable experience for the players. What do you think Magpies?

Just wish I could have had a bit more notice, than finding out only last week, and also Notts only being allocated 100 tickets, otherwise I would (Hopefully , with SWMBOs permission ) have gone . Those 100 tickets would have gone long before I heard about it !!

Ah well I suppose I can hang on till we play them in the Champions league final in 2016 !!!

A great result, and a great spectacle too.

I hear there could be a return fixture next year. I'll be at that one for sure !

Thanks for that Red, I looked on all the schedules and didn't see it advertised anywhere. (Where's the MSLB by the way ?)

Thanks Lynmee (the old dyslexia is kicking in again) I really wish I'd known about it , I would certainly have tried to get there.