McClaren and Forest

Anyone think this relationship is bound for failure? I can see that the the previous incumbent in some ways talked himself out of a job with his own agenda (though I thought his treatment harsh and his sacking a huge mistake) but Forest seem to have nowhere to manoeuvre if McClaren fails to come up with the goods. At the City Ground barely five minutes and he seems on collision course with the club's owner too.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/McClaren-set-reflect-future-Forest-fail-make/story-13251020-detail/story.html

I really don't think this was a good bit of business by Forest. Then again I could not have seen Davies staying in the present set of circumstances. The Reds appear to have got themselves into a bit of a hole here.

Notice it's only the "Maggies" fans who reply??

I for one feel it's a situation doomed to fail , as McClaren is cr4p !

I certainly feel that if Notts had clung on to that lead for 10 more seconds, McClaren would be signing on as we speak !

"Notice it's only the "Maggies" fans who reply??" Not sure that's a good thing? after all forest are still in a higher division, get 3 to 4 times the gate Notts do and did win that game, Would sooner it was other way round? ie looking at the positive of Notts as opposed to the negative of forest. Know little of the forest set up and Gunter apart couldn't name you a single of their players (and only him as turned out for wales last night) but it's nice not to hear the blind faith rantings of SOME of their fans, who think they have a devine right to be in the premiership if not europe, plus how every year promotion is a formality (till the play offs).

I certainly feel that if Notts had clung on to that lead for 10 more seconds, McClaren would be signing on as we speak !

My feeling is that he will be 'signing himself on'. I get the idea promises have been broken at this very early juncture.

Personally I don't rate him very highly, I think they had a more talented (if flawed) manager previously. He has a decent CV though and might just be ruing the day he decided on going into the Championship with Forest.

Can't visualise him ever 'living down' the awful perception of himself that emerged when he managed England.

Primarily created by his own actions, with much help from the London gutter press...

And yet, his early reputation as a coach, and some managerial success at 'Boro, were considered to be good efforts.

Seems rather a 'simple minded' bloke, quite unable to express himself on the more complex aspects of the game.

Cheers

Robt P.

Seems rather a 'simple minded' bloke, quite unable to express himself on the more complex aspects of the game.

Cheers

Robt P.

You could always take Colin Calderwood back Rob!

(Please take Colin Caldeerwood back!)

Now there's a man who knows how to express himself... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

How long to go ??

After that rather humiliating show today, a goal up and with D*rby down to 10 men, all after 5 minutes , Florist fail to capitalize and go down 1-2 !!!

• 3 weeks later...

How much longer for McClaren now after todays capitulation ??

I know Notts lost yesterday but we were away to the best team in the league and we did play 86 minutes with 10 men !!

The Forest forums are saying that he is this evening 'reviewing his position'. Asked whether McClaren was still manager this evening, Chairman Doughty relied 'you'd better ask him (McClaren)'.

So what's "plan B" seeing as Hart isn't coming? Mind you looking at his record why would anyone want him! 9 "jobs" in management (just what is a director of football?) sacked in 5, inc once already by forest, another he jumped before pushed, and rest left for pastures new, during that time won Expletive Deleted! all cept record for worst ever start by a premiership team, (played 7 lost 7) you and I wouldn't get a job sweeping up with that history! yet they wanted to pay him thousands per week, barmy!

saw Frank Clark interview on tv, do you think he was trying to tell us something? I got impression he was saying no money! and telling fans not to expect too much? both in way of new manager and results this year, I like him however with some it hasn't worked, started going on about play offs (again) and even automatic promotion

I don't mind him going there (he'll do nothing if he can't spend owt) After all, he inherited a reasonably good squad that were already poised to do well at Notts,and then just reaped the rewards and the plaudits !!

When he joined we had games in hand and were in the top 9 !

Seemed to have his best managerial stint when at Burnley...

His Pompey times seem less successful.

Nevertheless, much prefer him to the likes of Hart, Keane et al...

Potential new owners plus Clark and Cotterill wipes the slate clean.

Can't be worse than the earlier Doughty/Pleat/Davies-McClaren combinations!

Cheers

Robt P.