letsavagoo

Were you at Berridge?

Welcome to Nottstalgia, chrisj. Hope you enjoy the site.

I was at Berridge from 1962 to 1969. Would love to hear your memories of the school and it's teachers.  I didn't like school very much but have some fond memories of this one.

Next year, it will be 50 years since I left Berridge. Half a century. I've been thinking of contacting the school to ask whether, as an ex pupil, I would be permitted to go and have a look round.  I last visited during the centenary celebrations in 1984 and there will have been many changes since then.  In the new year, I'll contact Berridge to find out whether a trip down memory lane is possible.

• Like 1

Hey Jill. Count me in if you want to visit the Berridge. It's 65 years since I left. :rolleyes:  Not a star pupil but won the school colours, played cricket for school and was a prefect (cos I was a big lad). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Certainly will, PP. It's something I'd love to do. Although I attended the 1984 centenary, there was no opportunity to look round. It was just confined to the hall. I'd have liked to see all the classrooms where I was taught, minus the wooden hut. That had gone by 1984!  I have so many memories of the place as I'm sure you have.

I'll sort it after Christmas!

• Like 1

I decided to email Berridge and moot the idea of a possible visit in 2019. 

I will post any response and, if positive, we could think about planning a visit for any who may be interested. I know PP is keen and certainly one of my friends from 1962 to 69 would love to be included.

Watch this space, Old Berridgians!

Sorry, PM. Bl**dy iPad at it again!  Unfortunately, I can't do time travel! I meant 2019!